• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Indy Ski Pass

chuckstah

They sent me a renewal discount code for $25, so $254 plus fee. I'm in.

Killingtime

That's interesting... Saddleback is blacked out all weekends in Jan/Feb as well (assuming that is a typo in the FAQ and it is actually supposed to be Saddleback, ME not MN).

A bunch of holiday blackouts too at some eastern areas this year.
Yeah, you really have to watch the black outs when planning for this year. Way more restrictions than last year. With the $25 discount coupon its still a good deal.

KustyTheKlown

very easy to navigate the blackouts.
- don't go to magic on mlk or presidents weekend, but the Mondays are fine
- don't go to waterville over xmas/new years, mlk weekend, or presidents weekend
- if you're skiing weekends, don't go to cannon or saddleback unless its early/late season

KustyTheKlown

This announcement is not quite as exciting for the Northeast as I had hoped but to be fair it was priced pretty inexpensively last year.
Powder Mountain and West Mountain seem pretty cool and all though.

my brain/eyes always see your username as "PABabe" and I think you are a woman, and then I realize your username is "PAabe" and you are prob a guy named Abe.

that's my non sequitor of the day

Mum skier

very easy to navigate the blackouts.
- don't go to magic on mlk or presidents weekend, but the Mondays are fine
- don't go to waterville over xmas/new years, mlk weekend, or presidents weekend
- if you're skiing weekends, don't go to cannon or saddleback unless its early/late season
Less good for the weekend warriors/kids in school brigade though. Was hoping this might allow some holiday skiing for when other passes are blacked out.

KustyTheKlown

Less good for the weekend warriors/kids in school brigade though. Was hoping this might allow some holiday skiing for when other passes are blacked out.

jay, bolton, berkshire east, catamount, greek, pats, suicide6 are no blackouts at all. magic is not blacked out over the x-mas holiday or on the Mondays of the other holiday weekends. while this year was garbage in march, having cannon and saddleback in your pocket for late march and April will prove to be very useful.

its still an incredible deal considering the offerings and the price.

Smellytele

The additions do nothing for me and blackouts are a negative. Still 254 with $25 renewal discount is a good deal. May pass this upcoming year though as I am going ikon at least for this year and maybe next.

Tonyr

I may do the spring pass again next year for some weekend trips. I was hoping Plattekill would be on there...

Last edited:
Reactions: abc

Killingtime

The additions do nothing for me and blackouts are a negative. Still 254 with $25 renewal discount is a good deal. May pass this upcoming year though as I am going ikon at least for this year and maybe next.
The blackouts are definitely a negative but I'll still pick it up for Magic, Bolton, Jay, Cannon and Berkshire East and work around it.. The others I really don't have much interest in visiting. Also holding out hope that somehow Platty winds up on this but I don't think the chances are good. I could see Bosquet being added before next year because of the BE/Catamount connection. Burke? Elk or Blue in PA? I somehow think more will be added before the season starts.

PAabe

Indy pass game in PA is pretty weak right now. Shawnee is kind of flat to say the least, Blue Knob's snowmaking is not reliable at all (they were 100% open for only a few days this year even with all the snow), and the density of these 2 ski areas and those in surrounding states on it is nowhere near what it is in New England. Good value for trips to New England, but not a good day tripping product from here.

I can't see Blue willing to cut into their day tickets with the $ amount they would get from Indy but Montage apparently has looked into it and been turned away for being too close to Shawnee (really?)

With one of the goals of Indy Pass being to get people to travel and spend a couple days at someplace they wouldn't have considered visiting before, I'm not sure if we will see more Eastern PA places added or not. As day trip areas from Philly and NY Eastern PA is already pretty busy for the most part. Montage would make sense in these regards, not sure about others.

Last edited:

Dickc

Indy has a payment plan. For a standard Indy pass, there is an $8.37 service charge, and the payments would be:

04/27/2021 $48.21 - Due today, which includes applicable, full-price items, shipping, and taxes.

05/15/2021 $39.86

06/15/2021 $39.86

07/15/2021 $39.86

08/15/2021 $39.86

09/15/2021 $39.86

10/15/2021 $39.86

If you go with the Indy plus, there is an $11.37 service charge, and the payment plan is:

04/27/2021 $65.53 - Due today, which includes applicable, full-price items, shipping, and taxes.

05/15/2021 $54.14

06/15/2021 $54.14

07/15/2021 $54.14

08/15/2021 $54.14

09/15/2021 $54.14

10/15/2021 $54.14

Tht is not a bad deal. I have not purchased one, but went through the buying options to see what it totaled. The Indy+ if used twice on blackout days more than pays the extra freight.

abc

I may do the spring pass again next year for some weekend trips. I was hoping Plattekill would be on there...
I might do the same.

I realized the last few years, I didn't start (downhill) skiing in the northeast till after President's week.

I tend to go out west in 1 or 2 weeks in January-early February (that's when we typically have our "mid-winter thaws"). Then, because of my aversion to crowds, I don't ski in resorts on the big holiday weekends either. I either cross country or back country on those big weekends. So I really don't start downhill skiing in the northeast in earnest till almost March. The Indy Spring pass would fit in nicely.

The big advantage of it is I don't have to decided till we're half way into the season. By then, we'll have a good idea what the snow pack is and how the rest of the season will be like

slatham

I listened to Storm Skiing podcast today of Indy President. They are not changing lineup any further for 21/22. Or so he said.....

taul

Worst case I'll use it 8 times, Ideally 16 or more, either way I think it's a great value. I had a touch of sticker shock when I saw the price for this year, but with the discount and how underpriced it was last year, it still makes so much sense.

Killingtime

I listened to Storm Skiing podcast today of Indy President. They are not changing lineup any further for 21/22. Or so he said.....

Yeah, I've heard Doug Fish say that a few times already in the last two years. They always add if the right place comes along.

xlr8r

Doug Fish said in the podcast that they will not add any more New England ski areas for this upcoming season as the region is now full of Indy areas. 6 of the top 10 most visited areas last season on the pass were in New England. However other regions they are looking to add. They are still perusing more areas in New York, possibly the ORDA three, and when the border reopens they want to add areas in Quebec.

Smellytele

Doug Fish said in the podcast that they will not add any more New England ski areas for this upcoming season as the region is now full of Indy areas. 6 of the top 10 most visited areas last season on the pass were in New England. However other regions they are looking to add. They are still perusing more areas in New York, possibly the ORDA three, and when the border reopens they want to add areas in Quebec.
Something in Colorado would be nice.

skimagic

I would hope so, but I don't think the smaller CO areas have to do too much to generate revenue given the population explosion there. They banded together a while back to form the GEMS card - basically 2fer1 deals. A-basin & loveland were even on it last season.

xlr8r

Yes they are also looking at Colorado, Tahoe, Arizona/New Mexico, British Columbia/Alberta. They are probably done in the Midwest with the exception of trying to lure Nubs Nob into joining.