• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Injuries suck.

mondeo

thumb_break.png

Carpal_break.png

I'll be making an appointment with the ortho on Monday.

mondeo

At least it didn't happen at the begining of the season.
Definitely. Although I might even miss the start of the next season with the wrist bone, can take over 6 months to heal. Probably relegated to the recumbent bike for a while.

Also glad it's not the knee.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Swift healing and take proper care of it!!!!

I shattered my wrist Mountain Biking when I was 17 living out in Colorado. I was supposed to wear a cast for three months, but had it removed after 3 weeks because nobody was willing to hire me wearing a cast and I needed a job. It's mangled til this day 16 years later and still aches at times.

Trekchick

Ooof, that looks like a tough one.
when you get to the point of PT, ask them if you can do some drills with ski poles to the the pole plant range of motion back.

That range of motion was the toughest for me to get back after my broken wrist last summer (My break was minor compared to yours), but using some grips to do the poling motion while I was watching tv helped a lot.

If you can't heal fast, then heal well. ++++Vibes ++++

Glenn

My wife is a Certified Hand Therapist; she works for a doctor's group in Hamden. She knows the names of a bunch of good docs in this area. Any questions and I can pass them along to her. My interweb access may be a bit limited this weekend, but I'll be around Monday.

Greg

Staff member
What exactly are we looking at there and how did it happen? Anyway, hope you heal up quickly.

mondeo

What exactly are we looking at there and how did it happen? Anyway, hope you heal up quickly.
First is thumb, second is wrist. Fairly small chips both places, and I need tips on how to convert xrays into digital format.

Warp Daddy

Heal well i 've broken my left wrist twice ! One incident required casting ,but I skied with a cast on 2 weeks after the injury .

Stay with your pT program it will enhance your ROM . I quit early and used guitar playing to simulate several of the pt motions, it gave me pretty fair results but the ROM is NOT what it is in my right wrist .

Heal well ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Vibes ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

mondeo

I talked to some guy in a bump line when a 13 year old kid in our group cut in front of him on the bump line. Hope you heal quick dude
I talked to some guy while waiting at the start of that bump line to hit that kicker. Mentioned something about the kids not knowing proper bump line/jump etiquitte.

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com
Hope that's not the hand you whack off with.

Wait, sorry.

*sigh*

Hope that's not the hand off with which you whack.

/Grammar Nazi's