• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Injury Roster 2012 / 2013 Ski Season

ERJ-145CA

I broke my leg yesterday, hit some wet snow under a snow gun, skis stopped, I didn't. Got a tobaggan ride down from Ski Patrol. I'm posting this from the hospital, the break was really bad and I had some compartmentalization syndrome. Doctor says I'll need a couple surgeries and will have to keep my weight off it for 3 months followed by 3 months of physical therapy, so that's the end of my season.

o3jeff

I broke my leg yesterday, hit some wet snow under a snow gun, skis stopped, I didn't. Got a tobaggan ride down from Ski Patrol. I'm posting this from the hospital, the break was really bad and I had some compartmentalization syndrome. Doctor says I'll need a couple surgeries and will have to keep my weight off it for 3 months followed by 3 months of physical therapy, so that's the end of my season.

That sucks, hope you have a speedy recovery.

snoseek

wow, that sucks!!!Heal up proper, go through all the steps, do it right.

Puck it

Were you at Cannon? That is exactly what happened to me! No injury, just sore rib cage.

Edd

Buzzkill man. Make up for it next season.

Did you pop out of your bindings?

KD7000

I broke my leg yesterday
Gaah, that sucks. My brother-in-law broke his leg at Squaw Valley this past weekend. Compound fracture; he now has rods and screws and all kind of crap.

I felt bad when I partially tore my left calf muscle last weekend. My injury is minor and annoying compared to some of these.

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com

Oh no! That's terrible .... urgh! I've never broken a bone in my life (no idea how...). Can't even imagine that. Hope you recover quickly !

Puck it

Mountain Creek. Glad you weren't hurt.

My right ski released, which turned out to be the leg that broke.

No release for me, just went right over tips and tails stuck in snow after. The f'ing whale was worse later. That was a double ejection.

deadheadskier

Staff member

What a bummer! Hope you beat the odds, recover quickly and at least get a couple of days in, in the Spring.

NotEasyBeingGreen

Sorry, ERJ. That's a rough blow - hope the healing is quick and perfect. My son just came out of a cast for two parallel spiral breaks in his fibula. Six weeks in a cast and two weeks "taking it easy" and he got the green light to resume snowboarding. To be young, fit and fearless must be nice!

Husband planted in powder, flipped over and has a minor cartiledge tear from the Christmas trip. He spent the rest of the trip watching gear in the lodge and still isn't back to form.

I decided to hell with it and that I was going to get out to Wachusett by myself for the day on Sunday, but last night slammed my hand in the car door and can't carry skis to save my life. My son says, "Do you worry about getting too old to ski?" Ha. Not a chance.

RootDKJ

Website
phresheez.com
Speedy recovery dude. Use the PT to come back even stronger.

ERJ-145CA

Update: I now have a metal plate and screws in my calf and my knee was messed up too so because of the knee I can't put any weight on it for three months. I'm being discharged from the PT rehab today to go home and take it easy for a few months. I went skiing 10 minutes from my home on January 4th and now 3 1/2 weeks later I'm finally going home. I think I said it earlier but the doctor estimated about 6 months to normal functioning. The doctor also said that because of the compartment syndrome I was an hour or two from losing my leg, pretty scary.

I'm also thankful to the MC ski patrol, they were excellent and gave me good advice on the hospital to go to with the best orthopedic trauma unit. I'll have to stop by there when I can and thank them and make a donation.

Puck it

Update: I now have a metal plate and screws in my calf and my knee was messed up too so because of the knee I can't put any weight on it for three months. I'm being discharged from the PT rehab today to go home and take it easy for a few months. I went skiing 10 minutes from my home on January 4th and now 3 1/2 weeks later I'm finally going home. I think I said it earlier but the doctor estimated about 6 months to normal functioning. The doctor also said that because of the compartment syndrome I was an hour or two from losing my leg, pretty scary.

I'm also thankful to the MC ski patrol, they were excellent and gave me good advice on the hospital to go to with the best orthopedic trauma unit. I'll have to stop by there when I can and thank them and make a donation.

I still think andyzee's splinter is worse!!!!!