• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Interactive Trail Maps

Greg

Staff member
A post an Epic sparked this topic. What do you all think about interactive trail maps? Love 'em? Hate 'em? What are some of the best you've seen? I think MRG does a pretty good job. Post your favorites.

bvibert

Staff member
I thought the interactive map in question on epic was pretty cool :) I like the little animations :p

The map for Sugarbush is pretty good too.

Edit, good call on the map for MRG. I found it really helpfull last year when we were planing a trip up there. The descriptions for the trails as you hover over them is cool! :D

ChileMass

Sunapee has upgraded their interactive trail map and it also provides info on each trail as you hover.......

bvibert

Staff member
Sunapee's new map looks pretty good, except that it doesn't work on my browser :roll: It looks a little blury to me too.

The thing I liked about the MFG map is that it has actual descriptions of the terrain on any given trail, ie: "Steep bumpy but wide pine glade, with some nice jumps."

Sunapee's map for anyone who wants a look.

hammer

The main thing that I like about MRG's map is including a picture of a point along the trail along with the description.

Do any other maps have the same feature?

bvibert

Staff member
hammer said:
The main thing that I like about MRG's map is including a picture of a point along the trail along with the description.

The closest that I've found to that has been Stowe's map (linked above). It has the descriptions but no pictures...

T

trailbiscuit

Jay Peak's is great. (But I was too lazy to post the link.)

Greg

Staff member
hammer said:

Agreed. I haven't seen any others like that. It's a really neat feature and is pretty easy to implement. I'm surprised more ski areas' interactive maps don't have this feature...

trailbiscuit said:
Jay Peak's is great. (But I was too lazy to post the link.)
Sheesh:

http://www.jaypeakresort.com/page.asp?intNodeID=16150

S

smallberries

I, for one, don't like 'em. I like a simple detailed jpeg that I can copy off a web site.

Big Game

That Jay map is a dandy...didn't realize they glades up the wazoo (and the longest run in the east)...may have to make the commute