• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Is Ski Sundown worth the $55 mid-week lift ticket?

SteveInCT

yes, in Monroe. Depending if i need gas or not i take 84 to 8 or just drive thru shelton (get gas) and take 8 all the way up. speed limits on 84 are higher so i gravitate there to reduce the risk of tickets :)

Ah yes, the added time is backroads for where you are. I figured you were close. I am on the Trumbull / B'po line right next to the Mall so I am on the highway in about 3 minutes.

Hey, which club do you belong to that is only $15 a year? I remember you were telling me that in the thread about Sterling.

gmcunni

Ah yes, the added time is backroads for where you are. I figured you were close. I am on the Trumbull / B'po line right next to the Mall so I am on the highway in about 3 minutes.

Hey, which club do you belong to that is only $15 a year? I remember you were telling me that in the thread about Sterling.

CAST is the club i belong to. $15 is the family membership ($1/card for new joiners) $10 for single membership. http://www.skiclub.com/ClubDetails.aspx?ItemID=76

gmcunni

Thanks! That is insanely cheap. I am not sure why someone wouldn't join for that kind of money considering the CSC discounts.

yup. pays for itself on 1st trip. i hit Mount Snow last week with the kids. it wasn't an awareness day but they have a standing discount for CSC members, you get the posted group rate every day.

zinger3000

Made it out to Sundown today. Had a good time. A special thanks to Chris Sullivan for chimimng in earlier in the week in support of Sundown. Yet another ski area I can check off my list. It's always so much fun visiting a ski area for the first time.