• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

It's August!! Almost there!

Smellytele

My wife started talking about skiing yesterday but in the same breath gave out an "arrrggghhh - I do not want to put my flip flops away"

HowieT2

I'm starting to get antsy. Gonna split some wood this weekend if the weather holds out.

JimG.

Staff member
Tuned up my skis last weekend...a late July ritual for me.

We are about 90 days out. The skiing dreams should be starting soon.

skiNEwhere

May hike up to top of James peak next week and earn some glacial turns

Cornhead

i'm jonesing, man...i need some of that white powder, you know, the good stuff
Yeah, me too, some snow would be great also. My Son turned 25 today, man I'm old, can't wait to return to Colorado to share some turns with him again. I think I'll be passing on New England skiing this year, might make two trips out West, one mid Winter, one in the Spring. I bought an A-basin season's pass last year for $279, I've already got 5 days on it, and I get 3 days at Taos with it, stoked. Maybe I should bring my Son another cat, worked great last year, 2 ft in late May. Might do the AZ Summit as my only NE trip, still trying to ski Saddleback when the whole mountain is open.

Cornhead

Yes, you should. A black cat at that!

Ha, the cat was an indoor cat until about a month ago, he escaped for a couple days. When he returned, my Son decided to just let him out. He and his buds moved to an apartment further from downtown Boulder, so far, so good. I don't know if the cat runs a risk of becoming coyote bait, or not. I saw several large bald eagles in my area last Summer, had me wondering how safe our cats are.

I'd really like to do the Snowsports week at Taos, a steep and deep course, you still have to purchase lift tickets, but with the A-basin perk, I'd only need to buy 2. You ski with a small group in the morning, then on your own in the afternoon, same group for 5 days. I think it'd be great, a win win, since I'd be there solo, little instruction, little guiding, and I'm sure I'd get chummy with some others in my group and have someone to ski with in the afternoon. Time to get serious about getting back in shape, it's been a lazy Summer for me so far.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

Yeah, me too, some snow would be great also. My Son turned 25 today, man I'm old, can't wait to return to Colorado to share some turns with him again. I think I'll be passing on New England skiing this year, might make two trips out West, one mid Winter, one in the Spring. I bought an A-basin season's pass last year for $279, I've already got 5 days on it, and I get 3 days at Taos with it, stoked. Maybe I should bring my Son another cat, worked great last year, 2 ft in late May. Might do the AZ Summit as my only NE trip, still trying to ski Saddleback when the whole mountain is open.

ok, but you have do at least one day at elk so i can finally try those spedies

reefer

Feeling the Itch:

no I havn't been sleeping with any promiscuous women; i'm just reaching the height of my withdrawal from skiing. I'll set the scene:

I'm sitting here in my den at my computer wearing my new boots, pants, and jacket, with my goggles on, and watching ski dvd's. It's reached that point. Skiing has occupied almost all of my thought lately.

Even at night; my dreams of naked women and exotic sexual encounters of different varieties are now replaced by images of waist deep powder, tree skiing, and of course, massive bumps. My wife thinks i'm crazy, and I probably am. I mean wearing ski boots just because? Well I justify it by telling myself that the more I wear them now, the less break-in time will be required once I do go skiing, but really I just miss the feeling of having them on.

I don’t know what I'm gonna do. One of the only things I've found that alleviates my anxiety is to buy skiing-related items off the internet and have them delivered to me here at home. It's like Christmas when I get that package slip, and walk back up the driveway with my box/boxes. Even though I know exactly what is inside, I still tear into the packages and immediately try on/use whatever the item is. The downside is that I'm spending money that could go toward my mortgage...oh who am I kidding? Money that could go toward BEER!

So yeah...how is everyone else holding up? I wonder if the boss will let me wear my boots to work...

Cornhead

ok, but you have do at least one day at elk so i can finally try those spedies

I know, can't believe we didn't hook up there last Spring. Do you think you might attend the AZ Summit again? I know it's an uber long haul for you, you took my crown as the farthest from home last year. I wonder if Vinny might go this year? I'll get a day or two in at Elk, I'm sure. I wonder what's up with Snow Ridge? They were for sale, I had so much fun there for cheap last year, shame they don't have more vert, but hey, the lift rides are short. I'll never forget skiing in snow up to my chest, or trying to.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

dlague