• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

It's Not Powder Skiing...

deadheadskier

Staff member
Alright guys let's not discuss the situation further. He has not been banned. We like to give everyone a fair chance. Everyone can be an ass on here from time to time including me. Please do not bait him or any one else into a flame / troll war. Try and keep things fun but civil. Thanks

deadheadskier

Staff member
If you miss him marc, there's always paskiandride

plenty of people share your opinion; plenty of people don't

Snowlover

Takes a lot of skill to shred terrain like that though

Of course it does, but I don't ski to display skill. I ski to have fun(sort of like the silly snowboard vs. ski threads that used to go around....which one requires more skill) And that terrain would require skill if it had powder on it too obviously. That video doesn't get me high on skiing. lol....I need some deep pow video's :)

jrmagic

Takes a lot of skill to shred terrain like that though

Hell Yeah! I'm all for making the best of shitty conditions and have had a lot of fun doing so as you need to be creative and I am certain it improves your skill level but for what's in the video you need steel balls, excellent technical skills and a big budget or comps for skis as they had to take a beating and given the edge hold he had, those didn't start the day as beater rock skis.

skiNEwhere

Hell Yeah! I'm all for making the best of shitty conditions and have had a lot of fun doing so as you need to be creative and I am certain it improves your skill level but for what's in the video you need steel balls, excellent technical skills and a big budget or comps for skis as they had to take a beating and given the edge hold he had, those didn't start the day as beater rock skis.

Exactly. While it does take a lot of skill to shred pow as well, no ski videos ever seem to focus of conditions like this that take a different skill set to shred. That's what skiing is about. Making the best of the conditions.

Snowlover

Exactly. While it does take a lot of skill to shred pow as well, no ski videos ever seem to focus of conditions like this that take a different skill set to shred. That's what skiing is about. Making the best of the conditions.

LOL! Aren't you from Colorado? When do you have to make the best of the conditions!? You guys get great conditions all the time. Try coming to Connecticut sometime and see what we deal with ;)

jrmagic

LOL! Aren't you from Colorado? When do you have to make the best of the conditions!? You guys get great conditions all the time. Try coming to Connecticut sometime and see what we deal with ;)
Colorado isn't always as snowy as you think.Many lines require LOTS of snow to make them skiable. Aside from that IIRC skiNEwhere is originally an east coaster.

skiNEwhere

Nope. Lived in Mass and skied in New England until I moved here in 2012 where I caught the end of the season. Caught the end of the season last year as well since I was out of the country.

snoseek

I've done three in Utah, Three in Colorado and going on my third in Tahoe and will tell you it's not always fields of soft snow. I've seen it pour buckets of rain straight to the top in December and freeze on the backside. Oh and sometimes it just doesn't snow. Yes, odds are the snow will be much better but you just never know. Last year I left here March 1st with shitty hardpack snow, drove 3000 miles, and proceeded to ski Deep pow all spring while The Sierra was playing connect the dots. The year before Colorado went through the same thing

Snowlover

I've done three in Utah, Three in Colorado and going on my third in Tahoe and will tell you it's not always fields of soft snow. I've seen it pour buckets of rain straight to the top in December and freeze on the backside. Oh and sometimes it just doesn't snow. Yes, odds are the snow will be much better but you just never know. Last year I left here March 1st with shitty hardpack snow, drove 3000 miles, and proceeded to ski Deep pow all spring while The Sierra was playing connect the dots. The year before Colorado went through the same thing
Yes of course it can vary, but if you live in salt lake city, you're scoring pow regularly every single year. If you MUST ski 7 days a week, all winter long then yes you can run into less than perfect conditions.

It's all about averages. What is alta's worse snow year EVER? 275 inches? So almost double the snowfall of mount snow on it's worse year? lol