• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Jay Peak bombshell

BenedictGomez

thetrailboss

Staff member
Truly terrible news, but government thieves are always going to find ways to fleece the system, and this is about the easiest way imaginable.
He is retiring (and every single D pol in Vermont is running for his seat). This is meant to repair his legacy.

JoeB-Z

People should keep in mind that the ANC-Bio project never even had a veneer of being a real deal. From the onset it was the most fantastical aspect of the EB-5 scam. This is where Stenger's respectable but fooled ski executive pr/excuses totally breaks down and he deserves the full term. At the start, I read the prospectus and laughed. The notion of attracting advanced PhD bio research talent to Newport is a fairy tale. Let alone the nature of the underlying Korean company. I could go on...

Smellytele

People should keep in mind that the ANC-Bio project never even had a veneer of being a real deal. From the onset it was the most fantastical aspect of the EB-5 scam. This is where Stenger's respectable but fooled ski executive pr/excuses totally breaks down and he deserves the full term. At the start, I read the prospectus and laughed. The notion of attracting advanced PhD bio research talent to Newport is a fairy tale. Let alone the nature of the underlying Korean company. I could go on...
it's a shame that the Q's got off easy. They should be locked up as well and for longer

BenedictGomez

the ANC-Bio project never even had a veneer of being a real deal............The notion of attracting advanced PhD bio research talent to Newport is a fairy tale. Let alone the nature of the underlying Korean company. I could go on...

The fact this passed no problem shows how bumpkin Vermont is. I wrote on an AZ thread at the time the deal was announced that it would never come to fruition. Bonus points for it being about stem cell therapies for cardiac patients & artificial organs! = ROTFLMAO. Couldn't they have just gone with generic drug manufacturing or some other low-hanging, more plausible fruit? Nah, let's go with the most futuristic high-risk endeavor we can possibly think of. Go big or go home! And it worked too, that's the amazing thing.

jimmywilson69

What a shame... he was the guy everyone liked and seemed to be doing all the right things and he got so deep in this mess.

Hopefully a new owner is actually found and they keep Jay going. I know some would prefer the "old" Jay peak, but the new toys are pretty nice and the skiing is still the same!

snoseek

Whatever multi pass jay goes too will eventually have my business.