• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Jay Peak bombshell

BenedictGomez

Someone on social media asked Ragged if their pass will now work at Jay and reply was Yes (more details to come). Score for me at $379 haha.

Kinda find that extremely hard to believe; but I quadropoly find it hard to believe Ragged personal would already be able to definitively answer that question.

PAabe

I believe Pacific group passes have always been interchangeable, at Ragged, Wisp, Wintergreen, Powderhorn, and Mt. Washington, with some holiday limitiarions, so it would make sense for Jay

PAabe

I didn't have a problem with the Jet, it gains a lot of elevation quickly despite being fixed grip, has a low profile below the tree line, and seems to have plenty of capacity for that area of the hill. Seemed to be in pretty good shape to me.

As for the Bonnie, it would be nice if it ran a bit faster and got you access that last couple feet up and over to the west side without having to hike. The bottom terminal as it sits can also be inconveniently high if you're coming over from the the far east side. It also seems a little more worn than their other lifts. Probably restating the obvious. Bonnie could just replaced, I hope they don't rip up too many trees in the process though. It's a pretty ride up as it is.

Last edited:

crank

I didn't have a problem with the Jet, it gains a lot of elevation quickly despite being fixed grip, has a low profile below the tree line, and seems to have plenty of capacity for that area of the hill. Seemed to be in pretty good shape to me.

As for the Bonnie, it would be nice if it ran a bit faster and got you access that last couple feet up and over to the west side without having to hike. The bottom terminal as it sits can also be inconveniently high if you're coming over from the the far east side. It also seems a little more worn than their other lifts. Probably restating the obvious. Bonnie could just replaced, I hope they don't rip up too many trees in the process though. It's a pretty ride up as it is.
I both agree and disagree.

Yes on Jet. We've spent entire stormy days riding that and skiing out of bounds.

No to eliminating the short hike off top of Bonnie to access west. I like it because it preserves powder on the west side of hill. Plenty of storms that blow copious amounts of snow into Beaver Pond and very few skiers hiking to ski it.

I last skied Jay about 4 or 5 seasons back. Might have to bail on my Ikon for a powder day and hit Jay.

KustyTheKlown

bite your tongue.

the "hike" from bonnie to tramside is nothing, yet it still keeps goobers from skiing tons of fresh snow any time the flyer goes down. its beautiful. the bonnie should not be extended. i agree it should be replaced, preferably with a hsq.

fbrissette

Dear Pacific Group Resorts,

Congratulations on your winning bid for Jay Peak, a truly wonderful property. I'm just wondering what your thoughts are regarding Bicknell's Thrush.

Best of luck,

BG
LOL I doubt Vermont's thoughts are changing anytime soon. Even if the Bicknell's Thrush makes a comeback, they'll find a wild frog or salamander in need of saving.

thebigo

I don't do Facebook but last paragraph indicates there will be some discount/access not necessarily full access.

I would guess a large number of blackouts with half price tickets on blackout days.

Screenshot_20220909-130835_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:

thebigo

Screenshot_20220909-131231_Chrome.jpg

Wintergreen access for reference

• Access to Wintergreen Resort in Virginia every day Wintergreen is open during the 2022-23 winter season, and only after 4:00pm from Dec. 24-31, 2022 and Saturdays in January and February. Passholders can purchase a $59 day ticket during these exclusions.

Last edited:

KustyTheKlown

some form of reciprocal benefit is prob a few free days, i doubt a jay peak pass is suddenly under 400

BenedictGomez

I believe Pacific group passes have always been interchangeable, at Ragged, Wisp, Wintergreen, Powderhorn, and Mt. Washington, with some holiday limitiarions, so it would make sense for Jay

Then everyone who plans on skiing Jay Peak more than a few days should buy a Ragged pass, like, immediately. Color me skeptical this is legit.

PAabe

I too have enjoyed ripping through 2' of powder on the west side of Jay... maybe the top terminal should stay where it is.

Is that last tower up to the top terminal on the current alignment too exposed and windy for a detachable? Or would they more likely use power line

LONGBOARDR

bite your tongue.

the "hike" from bonnie to tramside is nothing, yet it still keeps goobers from skiing tons of fresh snow any time the flyer goes down. its beautiful. the bonnie should not be extended. i agree it should be replaced, preferably with a hsq.
The Bonnie will be extended whenever it happens. before the meltdown, they ran electrical from the base to the Northway crossing for a detachable chair maybe a 6 not sure. The new upper terminal was supposed to be at the exit of St George's prayer. So it would be above the Northway. Doubt a bubble very much

thetrailboss

Staff member
I was literally about to post, "that picture never gets old", and then I saw your reply.

It's like a photo some authoritarian dictator would pose with his military brass to frighten the citizenry into submission.
I have it saved for special occasions. When you were picked on all your life for being a nerd, you need to make that Men's Journal photo shoot count.

This one is equally dumb. Note the shit-eating smug smile. :ROFLMAO:

pixel.gif