• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

JimG. response to COVID-19

JimG.

Staff member
If you mention COVID-19 to me at any time during a lift ride I will push you off the lift.
If you mention COVID-19 to me at any time while skiing I will ski you into the trees.

Not really but I'm pretty fed up with all the yack yack.

abc

I hate to be the one pointing out the contradiction.

If you're within "pushing" distance from your chair-mate, you've just violated the social distancing rule (unless you've got really, really long arms).

Just saying...

jaytrem

I heard Covid can cause electoral dysfunction, or something like that.

MidnightJester

Would you or other skiers and boarders be offended if while social distancing or not(lol) were to offer a sip of 100 proof wiskey or rum from a flask on the chair lift.

Last edited:

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
would you rather talk abut the election results? LOL

Oh No You Didnt GIF by happydog

Dickc

If you mention COVID-19 to me at any time during a lift ride I will push you off the lift.
If you mention COVID-19 to me at any time while skiing I will ski you into the trees.

Not really but I'm pretty fed up with all the yack yack.
How about if we mention SARS-COV-2???

ss20

A minute from the Alta exit off the I-15!
So far I've been to-

Jackson Hole
Alta
Snowbird
Brighton
Crystal
A small ski area in Oregon called HooDoo

Everywhere "distancing" has been a joke. People on top of one another in lift lines, even gondola lines where you don't have skis on. Lifties are pretty good about asking for masks. Jackson Hole had security personnel at the base rovering the lift lines. I've yet to see anything heated yet. Brighton had roughly 60% mask compliance the one day I was there, other than that it's been around 90%, and I think that most of the 10% who aren't are truly just forgetting. I forgot to mask up in line at Alta after my run and was politely asked to do so. Employee mask usage is nearly 100%....a few lift ops people up in the top terminal of lift shacks are without it but honestly I don't blame them if they're in a small shack by themselves.

So far the single "etiquette" is one single identifying another and asking if they'd like a partner. I think I've only had a couple people turn me down so far.

JimG.

Staff member
So far I've been to-

Jackson Hole
Alta
Snowbird
Brighton
Crystal

Everywhere "distancing" has been a joke. People on top of one another in lift lines, even gondola lines where you don't have skis on. Lifties are pretty good about asking for masks. Jackson Hole had security personnel at the base rovering the lift lines. I've yet to see anything heated yet. Brighton had roughly 60% mask compliance the one day I was there, other than that it's been around 90%, and I think that most of the 10% who aren't are truly just forgetting. I forgot to mask up in line at Alta after my run and was politely asked to do so. Employee mask usage is nearly 100%....a few lift ops people up in the top terminal of lift shacks are without it but honestly I don't blame them if they're in a small shack by themselves.

So far the single "etiquette" is one single identifying another and asking if they'd like a partner. I think I've only had a couple people turn me down so far.
Same at Gore, lodge was open and serving food as well.

But nobody talked about it they were just there to ski. I'm done with the topic.

A bit of an idle threat from an old man. JimG. Overall I like your posts, but threats of physical violence don’t fit you well

Cmudd5394`

Would you or other skiers and boarders be offended if while social distancing or not(lol) were to offer a sip of 100 proof wiskey or rum from a flask on the chair lift.
Yes, that would be very much against common curtesy. Keep your alcohol to yourself you booze guzzling fool!

- cody

Cornhead

A bit of an idle threat from an old man. JimG. Overall I like your posts, but threats of physical violence don’t fit you well
I think he's being a tad sarcastic
So far I've been to-

Jackson Hole
Alta
Snowbird
Brighton
Crystal

Chasin down a Hoo Doo there?