• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Jiminy Peak- 3/12/04- Night

jimme

Jiminy Peak- Night

No question, there was 5 - 6" in the parking lot, at least 6 - 8" on the mountain. I'd love to know where they measure to report 10 - 12"? But, I didn't have a ruler so who knows? Drifts were deeper here and there, nearly up to my knees a few times. The wind was wicked and has probably blown a lot into the trees.

Fresh tracks were found all night long, and with the wind blowing the way it was there should be some freshies tomorrow AM. Often, my old tracks were nearly covered on successive trips down a run. Get there early!

The entire mountain had stellar conditions with only an occasional scrape. Soft plowable bumps were forming, but I'll bet they will groom tonight and it will surely be fantastic tomorrow.

For you side-of-the-trail skiers, watch out on the far skiers right on Lower Fox- I got "clotheslined" by a branch that was a bit more solid than I thought and fell, but it was soft. Watch out on the left on North Glade, one got a snowboarder. (He said it happens to him on that run all the time.)

Ace of Spades seems to get the least wind and there should be some fresh on the right if they don't over-groom. Also, to the left of the terrain park is some soft and deep. Where Lower Glade meets Merry Go Round is where the deepest snow I skied was; nearly knee deep! A steller night of powder skiing! Jiminy Peak was certainly blessed.

But wait there's more! It began snowing lightly around 9:00, and there was still a light snowfall when I left at 11:00!

Jimme :D :D :D :D :D

Greg

Staff member
Thanks for the report, Jimme. Hopefully there will still be some moguls left for Sunday! Was Fox and North Glade bumped?

jimme

North Glade was just beginning to get some Moguls and they were soft.

Skiers right on Upper Fox had its usual bumps, but it was also the most "icy" trail on the mountain. I stayed far left where the snow was soft.

Have fun on Sunday!

Jimme