• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Jordan Grand Summit - Time Share Intel

kbroderick

Re: off-season, the number of events booked at Jordan in a normal year is huge (at least one wedding most weekends though the summer, for starters); I don't know how/if that translates into meaningful reveal income, but there is stuff going on.

VTKilarney

Re: off-season, the number of events booked at Jordan in a normal year is huge (at least one wedding most weekends though the summer, for starters); I don't know how/if that translates into meaningful reveal income, but there is stuff going on.

It's a supply and demand problem. Even if there is SOME demand in the warmer months, I can't imagine that it's the same as the demand in the winter.

2Planker

I had a good buddy w/ a FULL share condo there.
Said it was BARELY EVER rented in the off season, and that was for over a 15 year history

Last edited:

Vince

$1700 is the quarterly fees. This is a quarter share meaning you get 13 0f the 52 weeks. You get every 4th week. In this case time period 2. The calendar is set years in advance and rotates slightly. You would get Xmas week once every 4 years. Pres week once every 4 years etc. You can use or rent all or part of your week. If Sunday River rents it for you they probably keep about 50% of rental fees. if you rent it you get all. They also will have a one time cleaning fee each time you show up and probably have a daily or other day cleaning fee that you may have to take .Not sure of their prices. Maybe $100 one time and $25 a day that you are in the unit.
Resale value is generally low because there are a lot them and people don't like the fees. The price on identical units varies based on when your time period has Xmas week next. Time shares get a bad rap but most of that is already cooked into the price.

Razor

We've owned at the Summit for 17 years. Bought a studio first for $16,000, then moved to a one bedroom lockout a few years ago for $6,000. Shows that it's not an "investment". Our quarterly maintenance fee is $1430. You get 13 weeks/year. Being retired, we reserve Mon-Thursday of our ski season weeks and leave weekends in the rental pool. We put 2 weeks/year in the Boyne Vacation club which gives us trade rights with Interval International. Some people do this with RCI. We've had some great vacations through this, For example, we've been to Aruba a few times and we got a week of ski in/out at Big Sky for $57. (yes, that's not a misprint). Some years the rental income offsets a good part of the fees, some years it doesn't. Jordan is dirt cheap now due to the ridiculous number of wind holds on the lift there.

We used to get space available midweek during ski season all the time, but the past couple of years not so much. We have used our unit at all times of the year and have grown to really love being there in the summer and fall. It's much more peaceful and often you have the pool and hot tub all to yourself. Plus you can always get space available then. One thing they don't tell you upfront is that you have to pay a housekeeping fee even when using your own unit that averages out to maybe $33/night. The past few years we've received increased rental income off season as the Summit hosts summer conferences and there are many weddings.

It's not for everyone. But in our position as retirees, it's ideal.

Glade Monkey

You can buy a 2BR lockout unit timeshare in the Jordan Grand for $5,500

Or the EXACT SAME 2BR "Suite" for either $7,499 or $20,000, just different blocks of 13 weeks.

Meanwhile back at the other end of the resort at the Summit, you could get a studio for $1,500!

2Planker

You get what you pay for....
Remember the Summit was built by out of work lifties & patrollers

gnardawg

Thanks for all the replies. I guess I’ll pass on Jordan time share. The other place I’m interested in is buying a place at The Seasons resort at attitash.