• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Keystone - CO, 11/25/12

ski stef

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Went up to Keystone last Sunday to get a few turns in. The weather was beautiful and it wasn't as crowded as Breckenridge has been. I think between the trails being a bit longer and a few more open it definitely helped with the crowds. Our first 2 runs were actually really nice, snow was decent being we haven't had a real snow fall yet. It quickly turned icy and scraped off and more crowded as the early afternoon crowds started piling onto the mountain.

We took the Montezuma Express up twice and other than that stuck to mid mountain lifts to steer away from the icy and crowded steep pitch to the bottom. I did make a nice change on my tele's and finally got out of the nervousness phase, became a little aggressive and was able to start making some nice carving turns in the tele turn. It felt really good to make a breakthrough like that. I'm thinking about taking a 3 session lesson over at A-Basin.. we'll see.

Picture of the beautiful day, which is all their really is to report about :-D
533915_609777974303_1882838420_n.jpg