• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Summer 2024 improvements

2Planker

There was a person who was part of my 1st year dental school class, who was on their 3rd attempt at 1st year. When I graduated 4 years later, this person, 7 years in, had finally made it past the 2nd year of school and into the much more clinical intense 3rd and 4th years. Note sure if they ever graduated or not. The school sure made every attempt possible via so many remedial opportunities for this person, to get them through school and into practice.

It's almost like the school, or more appropriately the admissions committee of the school, couldn't understand how a candidate they felt would do great at the school, so they offered them admission to the school, in reality shouldn't of been admitted to the school in the 1st place. And this person in todays DEI admissions era, wouldn't of checked off any DEI boxes
Now, there is a 7 year rule in place.
Students must fulfill all requirements and must Pass their clinical boards in LESS than 7 years from matriculation.
We just dismissed 2 after 7 years and $650,000 debt in tuition alone.

Last edited:

Smellytele

OK, I'll bite, somewhat against my better judgement. You remarked that PCMR's head of mountain operations was "really shitty at her job", which she might be, I've no clue. But then you said "PCMR is reknowned [sic] for DEI hires afterall", insinuating that the only reason she was hired was that she's female, and further insinuating that she's incompetent at her job because she's female. Which, to say the least, I find kind of offensive. It's exactly this kind of sexist bullshit that DEI policies are intended to address.
I did not read into she was incompetent because she was female. I read she was an incompetent female.

thebigo

Maybe as soon as 60 or so days.
Tell me about it, I am counting every day. Have worked straight through since April including weekends with a plan to ski everyday next season, that is if I dont attack my laptop with a hatchet while waiting for it to get cold.

Tin Woodsman

Except in the exact specific case actually being discussed race literally wouldn't even apply given the person is in fact Caucasian.

So do you have another point you'd like to also incorrectly apply here or are you done?

Wait..... lemme help you out.

Can me a misogynist instead. That way you can still feel all self-righteous & "good" about yourself inside for the much needed keyboard self-esteem boost, and at least you'd topically be in the correct zip code.

Ay de mi.
I mean, you're pretty clearly a misogynist - not sure how that can be argued. You quite evidently made reference to "she" being a DEI hire with no prompting by anyone. There can be no confusion here as you then try to nudge, nudge, wink, wink away from what was quite obviously the point and accuse others of mischaracterizing your words.

There's no confusion or mischaracterization - own your misogyny.

Tin Woodsman

I did not read into she was incompetent because she was female. I read she was an incompetent female.
Then why the reference to PCMR having a lot of DEI hires? Total non-sequitur? Coincidence those terms were placed right next to each other?

It should be obvious that's not the case.

Reading is fundamental.

BenedictGomez

Then why the reference to PCMR having a lot of DEI hires?

Perhaps because of the fact that Vail literally brags about it?

Perhaps because of the fact that internal DEI progress is a required part of Vail's leadership management performance reviews (yes, really)?

Perhaps because Vail states (in its own words) that it has the strongest DEI program in the entire ski industry & is a DEI leader not just in skiing, but for all of the Fortune 500?

But perhaps most obviously because of the fact it is empirically verifiable information given Vail takes the unusual step to publicly report DEI statistics. Quite topically, here's women (Vail notes the industry average for women is 20%):
1726119351136.png

Last edited:

BenedictGomez

You quite evidently made reference to "she" being a DEI hire with no prompting by anyone. There can be no confusion here as you then try to nudge, nudge, wink, wink away from what was quite obviously the point and accuse others of mischaracterizing your words.

The two people I accused of "mischaracterizing" my words (irrationally & without cause), injected race into the conversation (about a white woman).

And I LITERALLY specifically said I wonder if maybe she could be a bad DEI hire leading to all this poor management given the big DEI focus Vail has instilled throughout the organization the last 4 years or so. That was directly my statement, there was no, "nudge, nudge, wink, wink" about it; it is what I overtly, purposefully, clearly, and succinctly wrote.

But you are correct about one thing - rEaDinG iZ fundUhMenTuL.

Last edited:

Keelhauled

I suppose we can remove "quality of AlpineZone discourse" from the list of summer improvements.

AdironRider

Benedict shows his true colors.

You said she was a bad hire because she was a woman. Quit trying to argue otherwise asshole.

BenedictGomez

You said she was a bad hire because she was a woman

No. I didn't. And you know that because you can read.

It's also completely illogical of you to think that because i wondered if DEI could be at blame that i think all women are bad hires. But you don't really think that of course, you're simply the perma troll here so you need material to work with.

Speaking of reading, she still "is" a woman. I've never mentored it before because to do so would be an "asshole" thing to do, but you mess up your verb tenses all the time. You should probably work on that.