• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Killington 11/29

2knees

Date(s) Skied: 11/29

Resort or Ski Area: Killington

Conditions: Spring

Trip Report:

Drove up this morning in the fog and gloom. Didnt expect much as you couldnt even see one inch of okemo from anywhere approaching it. As i passed the gondola on 100, there was actually blue sky peaking thru in the distance. As i drove up the access road i couldnt believe it. It was actually starting to clear up. By the time i was on the gondola, beautiful blue skies and sunshine.

I hit upper downdraft as my first run of the season. Pretty big bumps but short, over to upper east fall. Entrance is completely gone. About a 6 inch wide strip of snow/dirt to get you in then soft, small bumps for a bit. Not a very consistent line but still. By now i'm already huffin. Rode the glades chair back up and hit upper east fall again. Rime looked ok, but was groomed out. (for now) After this run i decided to lap the gondola as i wanted to check out mousetrap too. Getting up killink in this slop sucked though. You couldnt keep your speed up nearly long enough. Mousetrap was nice. Medium bumps with a semi-decent line. Right half of the trail is completely grass now.

Lapped the gondi a few times, Upper downdraft, East fall and mousetrap. 3 sections of bumps but the skating up killink was killing me. Decided to ride the glades chair for a break and much to my happiness, rime was now bumped up better then east fall. The section after G.N. anyway. Lapped that about 8 times, decent bumps, real soft, legs were giving out and called it a day.

Lower chute is totally shot. Rime had good cover, east fall is hanging by a thread. mousetrap and lower bunny seemed good enough though so all in all still some decent snow if you dont mind the occasional rock and mud trough.

One last thing, as soon as i got down the access road on my way home, everything was totally socked in again. I guess it was all points south and east of sherburne pass that remained gloomy but it was like a glorious april day up there. great start to my season.

Last edited:

2knees

So...will we survive tomorrow and Friday you think?

I didnt ski G.N. off the top so i cant say what that was like but Rime will hang around. The snowdon trails, hard to say. Lower bunny had no barespots and mousetrap, the part with snow, seemed pretty solid. Forecasts i heard were for real warm temps tomorrow and some showers so losing east fall almost seems inevitable.

Greg

Staff member
Cool! Midweek report. That's awesome - glad you got out. Feels good, don't it?