• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Killington and Okemo Covid procedures 2021/22?

Mainer

I haven’t had to show my VAX card New Hampshire ever. Now when I go skiing I have to show it to take a shit

Edd

I haven’t had to show my VAX card New Hampshire ever. Now when I go skiing I have to show it to take a shit
I had to show it in Portsmouth recently. What Kingslug experienced at Stowe with the lodge doesn’t make sense to me. It doesn’t align with Vail’s stated procedures.

drjeff

Drop a duece - nope

Eat a hockey puck and fries - yes

Both are mask on while in the building and not eating or drinking

Does it really make much sense? Not really, but I am guessing that the lawyers from a liability standpoint think it does

Mainer

I wish you could just load your vax card on your season pass. The only time I really go In the lodge is if it’s super cold out and I need to warm up. And those days my phone usually dies in the cold. That stupid piece of paper is super important apparently, and I’d hate to lose it skiing

Edd

I wish you could just load your vax card on your season pass. The only time I really go In the lodge is if it’s super cold out and I need to warm up. And those days my phone usually dies in the cold. That stupid piece of paper is super important apparently, and I’d hate to lose it skiing
Since they accept a pic on the phone you can probably just make a paper copy stash it in your ski coat if you don’t want to carry the original.

2Planker

And that is a big deal why?
Get used to it !
Not a fan of always having my phone or a COPY of my Pass (in Ski Vest pocket) but it'll be required for way more things than just skiing...

I couldn't Valet my car the other night, because I didn't have my phone w/ me.

boston_e

it'll be required for way more things than just skiing...
Exactly - I personally just keep a photo of it on my phone so I have it when needed. I'd guess the number of people who don't keep their phone in a jacket pocket when skiing is a pretty small percentage. I usually have mine on the inside pocket of a jacket and never even notice it is there.

2Planker

I was at Stowe and you need vax card to get into any lodge or bathroom..they even had 1 guy posted on the stairs between lower and upper level asking for cards..even if you were already inside on the upper and went down to lower..so I showed my card..quite a bit.
My buddy said he just pulled it out and pissed on a wall around the corner....

Kingslug20

Friday and Saturday..it would have frozen and fallen off...a bit windy..

gittist

I was at Stowe and you need vax card to get into any lodge or bathroom..they even had 1 guy posted on the stairs between lower and upper level asking for cards..even if you were already inside on the upper and went down to lower..so I showed my card..quite a bit.
I guess Vail can't follow their own rules: The way I read the following from the Vail webpage, you don't need to prove you're vaccinated to use the rest room:

Do I need a vaccine to ski and ride this season?
No. If you wish to access our resorts to ski and ride this season, a vaccination will not be required. Vaccines will also not be required ... or in indoor spaces such as restrooms, ...