• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Killington April 19, 2012

Sunny 60
I heard the forecast for the weekend and decided to head up Thursday. Still a few options to piece together between Skylark, Bittersweet and Superstar. I stayed mainly stayed on Superstar. No pile left at the top , they tried to save Skylark and the headwall. Headwall is becoming very rocky, but then the line on the left is sweet and tight. Nice and flat for most of the middle. They groomed 2 narrow paths to keep it together. Lower headwall is still awesome. Lower Sky is good as well, but has a break. Bittersweet is going fast and the top of Skylark was gone by the end of the day,

I love the 5pm closing, what a great idea for the spring. All areas should do that after daylight savings kicks in.

Rumor is they want to stay open. All depends on the rain or snow next week.

Enjoy the pictures wish I was there today.
https://picasaweb.google.com/105642948414366124393/KillingtonApril19th2012

2knees

headwall is gone! i cant believe how quick that went.

way to get it while you still can.

bvibert

Staff member
Nice work Al, I'm glad someone I know is still getting it while they can!

Shredder of Gnar

Sweet and tight, oh yeah, they certainly were! Also glad I went up Wednesday to get some once I saw the weekend forecast - where were all the Hunter bumpers last weekend though?

Sweet and tight, oh yeah, they certainly were! Also glad I went up Wednesday to get some once I saw the weekend forecast - where were all the Hunter bumpers last weekend though?

Last weekend I had a "honey do list". Without me, the other guys don't do anything. Really bummed to have missed it.

I have to get your number so we can hook up on week days. Send me a PM.

Looks like the season is done. I put the pants in the wash and wiped the boots down.

Last turns will be on Hellgate June 1.

See ya at Mountain Jam!

Newpylong

It's funny (or not really) that that is how Superstar used to look a month to a month and a half later in the late 90's. Nuts...

andrec10

Hyde Park, NY...Hunter on Weekends in the Winter..
Last weekend I had a "honey do list". Without me, the other guys don't do anything. Really bummed to have missed it.

I have to get your number so we can hook up on week days. Send me a PM.

Looks like the season is done. I put the pants in the wash and wiped the boots down.

Last turns will be on Hellgate June 1.

See ya at Mountain Jam!

If there is anything left on Hellgate by then...