• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Killington Opening Weekend Report and Pics

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
This must have been one of the best opening days in the last few years. The snow cover was unbelievable for this time of year. On Saturday they had 22 trails open and by Sunday that number increased to 40.

My wife has been recuperating from surgery and she was undecided up to the last minute on wheather or not she should ski. Being the trooper she is, she had to do it! As a result we stayed off of some of the tougher trails, but still had a good day. We did Great Northern, the Glades/Canyon area and Mouse trap. Of all the trails we skied, I'd say Mouse Trap was the worst, there were rocks poking through in areas of this trail. However, this was an exception. Snow cover was so heavy that on Sunday they had to close Rime for about an hour to cut down a tree that had so much snow on it, it was starting to dangerously lean towards the trail and lift!

Anyway, sorry but I'm not great at reports, so here's the pics: http://killingtonaccessrd.com/cpg/thumbnails.php?album=14

Greg

Staff member
Thanks Andy! Great pics. The snow cover up there is truly unreal. I hope some of it sticks around for a couple of weeks at least, until I can get up there on the 11th...