• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Killington rentals

C-Rex

I'm heading to killington tomorrow and my girl needs to rent some powder skis. Anyone know a good place to get them?

boston_e

Try Aspen East. I've never done power skis per se from there, but I know they have a good selection of newer demo skis.

mister moose

My top 3 are Basin, Northern, Aspen East. On one of the biggest storms of the year wide demos will be in hot demand, so get there early.

And just in case, you do realize that hesitant gf with no powder experience on wide skis on a powder day does not necessarily equal happy powder skier. That said, it's going to be medium dense to heavy, and wide skis will improve the experience.

C-Rex

My top 3 are Basin, Northern, Aspen East. On one of the biggest storms of the year wide demos will be in hot demand, so get there early.

And just in case, you do realize that hesitant gf with no powder experience on wide skis on a powder day does not necessarily equal happy powder skier. That said, it's going to be medium dense to heavy, and wide skis will improve the experience.

Thanks. She's skied in powder and deep, dense stuff before, but her only skis are a narrower all-mountain type ski. We were at Butternut last year after they got around 10" of dense stuff and she was miserable on her skis. She demo'd a pair of fairly wide, rockered Atomics and it was night and day. I think she'll be fine.

C-Rex

Wow, good thing I called right away. Northern was out of anything near her size and Basin only had 2 left, 156 and 164 Salomon Rockette's. She's a pretty small girl so I reserved the 156's. Woot-woot!!

C-Rex

WTF? What is he talking about?

Anyway, she demo'd a pair of Salomon Rockettes and loved them. Conditions were fantastic yesterday aside from the wind which got pretty nasty in the afternoon.

Now to wash my gear, wax and tune my board, and get ready for a week at Sugarloaf. They got around 22" total from the storm (according to them) and the forecast says there might be more coming tomorrow and possibly Thursday. Woot-woot!!! I am itching to finally hit Brackett Basin.

C-Rex

Ah, I see. Does that guy still own the shop? That was 7 years ago... Anyway, I had no idea about that. Was he ever convicted?

Domeskier

Ah, I see. Does that guy still own the shop? That was 7 years ago... Anyway, I had no idea about that. Was he ever convicted?

Was wondering the same. I find it hard to believe he could remain in the community after something like that.

octopus

i found the basin story interesting, so i did a little research. he did 3.5 years at devens minimum security prison i think it started in 08.
does he still work at that shop?