• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Killllington πŸŽΏπŸ‚πŸ‚πŸŽΏπŸŽΏπŸ‚πŸ‚πŸŽΏπŸ˜€

thetrailboss

Staff member
By the way, I just went to POWDR's site. They used to have a page showing their executive team. That is now gone. No mention of them at all. Just John's smiling face and "his" story.

letitsnow1

I think it's mostly a k zone conspiracy theory, it's possible in the future but it doesn't make sense for them to sell until the village is done. The budget cuts are because of a poor season not because there trying to sell

thetrailboss

Staff member
I think it's mostly a k zone conspiracy theory, it's possible in the future but it doesn't make sense for them to sell until the village is done. The budget cuts are because of a poor season not because there trying to sell
Isn't the Village an SP Land Project? No doubt it will benefit POWDR. I believe, though, that POWDR does not own any real estate as it leases it from SP Land. Maybe that changed.

Agreed that the cuts are due to a very bad season.

letitsnow1

Isn't the Village an SP Land Project? No doubt it will benefit POWDR. I believe, though, that POWDR does not own any real estate as it leases it from SP Land. Maybe that changed.

Mostly but I think the new snowshed ramshead lodge is on POWDR. I would think the value of the resort would increase when the project is done

thetrailboss

Staff member
Mostly but I think the new snowshed ramshead lodge is on POWDR. I would think the value of the resort would increase when the project is done
True, but POWDR, again, has a lease. If Alterra buys POWDR it gets.....a lease.

Hopefully John remembers to renew said lease! Or else it is Park City II! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

skiur

SP land sold it to great gulf, not sure if the agreement with powdr changed when that happened.

skiur

As well as any new lifts with the village would be powdrs responsibility.

thetrailboss

Staff member
As well as any new lifts with the village would be powdrs responsibility.
So you're saying that POWDR may own a base area lodge, the ski lifts themselves, and lease the rest?

Sounds like Park City all over again!!!!!!

giphy.gif

Newpylong

Sale or no sale the cuts were likely due to the poor season. If you were skiing Killington in the spring of 2007 and didn't know any better you would have no clue thst ASC was all but done. It is not a common business tactic to harm your brand by making cuts pre-sale.

letitsnow1

I've seen birdman wear that stuff in May when it was 80+. Definitely has a few screws loose, I've rode the lift with him many times

MidnightJester

I've seen birdman wear that stuff in May when it was 80+. Definitely has a few screws loose, I've rode the lift with him many times
He has all the Screws loose in just the right way : ) He is a wonderful colorful flake in the world. A great Bonus to the Snow community. Also ran into him about 2 weeks ago at Killington just after they got 27" storm total. Great day minus the Lift issues during the day :( lost 30 minutes at least in broken stopped lift lines.

Does he only ride Killington these days?

same category or not since they have a lot more play time in their Furry outfits lol. Definite blind spots with these outfits. Haven't heard of any colorful animal attacks on mountains so they must be at least above average in skiing and boarding abilities.
Has anyone else seen the "Furry" riding group. Interesting : )
FKw3ypSWUAoIv4N

Last edited:

deadheadskier

Staff member
Any work being done on the glacier? Usually see a lot Social Media posts this time of year on the glacier height. Haven't really seen anything

cdskier

Any work being done on the glacier? Usually see a lot Social Media posts this time of year on the glacier height. Haven't really seen anything

From today's snow report:

"Temps will be just below freezing today and will remain below freezing throughout the week. We’re planning on using this cold period to make some more snow on Superstar and other places around the mountain. The guns are scheduled to go online on Tuesday and run through Saturday."

letitsnow1

The glacier looks bigger than last year,they should make June if the weather somewhat cooperates