• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Killllington ๐ŸŽฟ๐Ÿ‚๐Ÿ‚๐ŸŽฟ๐ŸŽฟ๐Ÿ‚๐Ÿ‚๐ŸŽฟ๐Ÿ˜€

jimmywilson69

yeah that's not much of a savings, almost silly to even offer it unless you wanted "optics" that you were doing something to help traffic. Also not surprised it doesn't exist with Vail for that very reason. They want streamlined operations and having a seldom used Sunday ticket option doesn't make sense.

deadheadskier

Staff member
It's interesting that this ticket was put in place to help with traffic. I never knew that despite my folks having a home in Ludlow from 1988 to 2003. Traffic on Sundays in Ludlow during the ski season can really suck. It's not just Okemo skiers though. A lot of the traffic are Killington skiers from CT and Mass west of 495 who use that route to get to 91.

cdskier

It's interesting that this ticket was put in place to help with traffic. I never knew that despite my folks having a home in Ludlow from 1988 to 2003. Traffic on Sundays in Ludlow during the ski season can really suck. It's not just Okemo skiers though. A lot of the traffic are Killington skiers from CT and Mass west of 495 who use that route to get to 91.

Yea...that was interesting to me as well. I never would have even suspected that was the reason for that ticket.

Ultimately seems like a waste to me for VT to be "going after Vail" for getting rid of that though. I don't see bringing that back having any meaningful impact on traffic in light of today's pricing model anyway.

skiur

A lot of NYC/LI skiers use that route to get to 91 too.

skiur

Parking was the biggest $hit show I have seen in my 20+ years of skiing K. You would think they could get the lots plowed before 8:00. Once you got on the mountain it wasn't hard to avoid the crowds but the parking fiasco was ridiculous.

Zermatt

Parking was the biggest $hit show I have seen in my 20+ years of skiing K. You would think they could get the lots plowed before 8:00. Once you got on the mountain it wasn't hard to avoid the crowds but the parking fiasco was ridiculous.
Same story at Pico, Stratton, Okemo, Jay

Newpylong

Ask my driveway what it thought about not being frozen and getting two feet plowed off of it.

Heavy Equipment Grading GIF by JC Property Professionals

ColdRain&Snow

Messy day, sleet to start and everything groomed was frozen solid this morning. Precipitation stopped for a while and things softened but windy, no goldola today. Mixed precip this afternoon depending on elevation. Iโ€™m staying on access road and itโ€™s light rain.

MidnightJester

So Killington has the Bear mountain Mogul challenge on Saturday. If you help them out as a Volunteer for a couple of hours they give you a free lift ticket good till next year

Vince

At least a foot new. Good quality snow not too heavy. A lot of lifts closed. If you were in doubt its a go

MidnightJester

The beast beat me to a pulp today.
Wind and Snow pelted? or just rough snow to plow through? I am looking forward to SNOW leftovers on Saturday. And for 2 hours(3pm-5pm) of work riding the trail to clean up (poles and nets) get free meal & drink(soda) most likely and free lift ticket good for next year

Last edited:

The Sneak

Debating on whether I'd be better off tmrw on my J Skis Fast Forwards or my old Line Prophet 90s. The Prophets are way more fun in the trees and in bumps, the Fast Forwards are better for hard charging and groomers. Are all the usual glades gonna be open? Pattys, Nowhere etc?

Zermatt

Me about four weeks ago chatting with someone on Needles Eye: โ€œI remember when Killington was 100% open in mid April in 1997, that is never going to happen againโ€ฆโ€

Zand

Me about four weeks ago chatting with someone on Needles Eye: โ€œI remember when Killington was 100% open in mid April in 1997, that is never going to happen againโ€ฆโ€
Only reason it doesn't happen is because of springtime operations rollbacks. I was there on 4/22/18 and skied stuff like Julio and Anarchy with deep midwinter packed powder. Only reason they weren't 100% was because Bear and Needles were already done for the season.

Also 1997 was by far the snowiest spring in Killington 's recorded history.