• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Killllington πŸŽΏπŸ‚πŸ‚πŸŽΏπŸŽΏπŸ‚πŸ‚πŸŽΏπŸ˜€

FrcWylMqQCk7IDR9r530zmldwfpNME7tK_DQ5My9pe0v1GUihQ_lb48PFcSEmP_-1ovVMc-GnsO11Nhh0_l8jEowWgvF2fGuiQDda-MvC4siYcu6MjeV5PLF9yCDS1jbEuHQ8js8sinnacS9B9VcNM0FAAvAOS8d8y5thbsb7phuYTDzsCrNVo-5n1fVB-A9pANp86gzkpaplOOyk1DYZKVGA8UfLYgJ1KyNSKpUvZWQdh-Sm8ifFS0aBLj1Ntgu1bs7OI-4CXC1Ze6iAhUlpVvtPVIBJSuJx_kO8qXk-ljmDIkgjCaLsYYj-dUfydTYJKTz5WHcIA8r1d4J3xIoD6uLTOtepIRprakHFNvkh5HLoJle5iEpZymKuzDw7pY5qmrZayhCgzbof4wRvCstVGDW-LlMgR9TLzQ1ZOOpXUJrf0z54i_RdJxEmflx8EXR1lhv_VcwLjcGIU3GDN6fKRcV1O0tvAdGL__ctxzL-aVIasn2rIy9lyNylXT8Vsnqg7znUBlimF29B8obDkzrteTRrfueBLyqUZsJm07XIwE9ZHFcV8-0P-ZY8ral4wJEWtny2zGY9FWPoUEQnrWjvtosGdtZuNGJ69tjKY52iEj73u74g4u8-0D9uZ3dJp6KQ36XYEm7Z4bKDlPpxaW_p_LT_jH3T-BhPLX2ce0HFdayLGPLnIFPJnyLZK3FLDFBRXUcaT4BuibnUAPePURnkEJt6v72iRnhh1wEgG-qpqqjlHQBXXFWyeWHMP3SdmytC3Gs21rhtdHikoROaT_8iCAFO-L2wyMt6kc=w768-h1023-no

drjeff

If they are just blowing the mice out temp doesn’t matter.
Agree, if they're doing a promo test they'll usually wait for the foliage to be popping a bit so the marketing department has some extra wow fcator in their social media upload to promote the upcoming season

Rogman

A few years ago theyβ€˜d have multiple types of guns ready to go on north ridge: K3000s for the really marginal conditions, Ratnik stands when it dipped colder, and something else (I can’t remember) if it got real cold. Snow Logics maybe? Tending to lean far heavier on the K3000s now. I suspect (but have no first hand knowledge) that it’s a training issue: fewer experienced snow makers. Teach them one gun.

BodeMiller1

A few years ago theyβ€˜d have multiple types of guns ready to go on north ridge: K3000s for the really marginal conditions, Ratnik stands when it dipped colder, and something else (I can’t remember) if it got real cold. Snow Logics maybe? Tending to lean far heavier on the K3000s now. I suspect (but have no first hand knowledge) that it’s a training issue: fewer experienced snow makers. Teach them one gun.
What?

I still think Killington should add Chillers at the bottom of the mountain. This would all but assure something...

Most skiers don't realize how dangerous working with High Pressure water / air hoses is. In the cold it's worse. Much, much worse.

IceEidolon

I suspect they want to get Rime/Reason open as fast as possible when it's go time.

For promo snow, fire a handful of compressors and run a few K3000 in marginal by the webcam.

If they're trying to open, throw firepower at the trail - the K3000 moves more absolute water per hydrant than anything else they have. Get the early season base down and get off the trail - they have the compressors to do it.

The only time I see a reason to drag a second set of guns out to Rime/Reason is if they need to come back mid season and need the air somewhere else - otherwise why waste the effort? The NoLogic sleds are absolute ass to run, portable Rat or HKD towers are more hassle than K guns and all three really like water pressure. None of those are really happy above ~24 wet bulb and a K gun can push to 30 or above if you're desperate.

I know Killington sold off like 50 portable HKD Rangers a few years ago.

Newpylong

What?

I still think Killington should add Chillers at the bottom of the mountain. This would all but assure something...

Most skiers don't realize how dangerous working with High Pressure water / air hoses is. In the cold it's worse. Much, much worse.

They already have air coolers, but not water because the water is already cold enough at the source.

joshua segal

Website
skikabbalah.com
Agree, if they're doing a promo test they'll usually wait for the foliage to be popping a bit so the marketing department has some extra wow fcator in their social media upload to promote the upcoming season
Two seasons in the 1990s featured Oct. 1 skiing. Given climate change, I don't expect that this year (or anytime soon), but I have expectations for October skiing.

bigbob

If the lodge is taking this long the Village will take decades! There is a very limited construction workforce in VT, no housing in the area to add to it. The states policies limit growth, so no need for construction workers.

Newpylong

I saw some pictures from a buddy over there, despite looks the inside is actually pretty far along. I give it a pretty good chance of some services for the Cup.

One of the coolest new lodges I've seen in a long time and I don't spend much time in them.