• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Killllington ๐ŸŽฟ๐Ÿ‚๐Ÿ‚๐ŸŽฟ๐ŸŽฟ๐Ÿ‚๐Ÿ‚๐ŸŽฟ๐Ÿ˜€

skiur

90 dollars for a ticket is just offensive. doesn't matter if it's in August, no amount of novelty can justify that. like ok now you don't get any money at all, guess I'm not skiing killington, boo hoo?

It's not 2002 anymore, have you looked at what lift tickets cost lately? And your choices to go ski somewhere else are rather limited right now.

joshua segal

Website
skikabbalah.com
90 dollars for a ticket is just offensive. doesn't matter if it's in August, no amount of novelty can justify that. like ok now you don't get any money at all, guess I'm not skiing killington, boo hoo?
Superstar is so overloaded with skiers as it is, almost all season-pass or spring-pass holders, setting the price high to prevent the further crowding of the hill is a great idea.

djd66

You can ski 100โ€™ of vertical in the NJ Dome right off the NJ turnpike for $59.00/2 hrs if the $99 is too rich for your blood.

letitsnow1

Superstar is so overloaded with skiers as it is, almost all season-pass or spring-pass holders, setting the price high to prevent the further crowding of the hill is a great idea.
Exactly they should stop selling day tickets when it's just ss not enough room plus they will sell more spring passes that way

jaytrem

You can ski 100โ€™ of vertical in the NJ Dome right off the NJ turnpike for $59.00/2 hrs if the $99 is too rich for your blood.
Only $16.66 if you buy the 6 pack when it's on sale!

Newpylong

Exactly they should stop selling day tickets when it's just ss not enough room plus they will sell more spring passes that way

That's hypothetical.

Part of Spring Skiing is their brand but they also need to not be in the red after 5/1. They already have passholders money I don't think it's fair to ask them to turn day tickets away.

letitsnow1

That's hypothetical.

Part of Spring Skiing is their brand but they also need to not be in the red after 5/1. They already have passholders money I don't think it's fair to ask them to turn day tickets away.
Yea that was hypothetical i don't expect them to stop selling tickets, I think the prices this time of year are more than fair

Last edited:

drjeff

It's pretty simple to figure out. If the weather is good, there's going to be more of a crowd enjoying the Spring bumps on Superstar and the festivities both on the deck and in the parking lots.

If the weather isn't good, there won't be nearly as many people, nor nearly as much apres ski festivities.

They'll be more happy to sell you a ticket on any weather day this time of year

SteezyRob

It's not 2002 anymore, have you looked at what lift tickets cost lately? And your choices to go ski somewhere else are rather limited right now.

so some other place is selling tickets for even more money, and that makes it a good deal? do you just like getting fucked by companies?

hey guys this one place is sells hamburgers for only 30 dollars! must be a deal considering another place is selling them for 32!! omg YES please take more of my money ๐Ÿ˜

cdskier

so some other place is selling tickets for even more money, and that makes it a good deal? do you just like getting fucked by companies?

hey guys this one place is sells hamburgers for only 30 dollars! must be a deal considering another place is selling them for 32!! omg YES please take more of my money ๐Ÿ˜
In this case I don't think they're fucking anyone at all. If I was a passholder and they were selling day tickets for cheap when they have 1 trail and more than enough people as is, I'd be pissed. I think the price is fair for people that didn't plan ahead and want to ski at the only game in town.

SteezyRob

In this case I don't think they're fucking anyone at all. If I was a passholder and they were selling day tickets for cheap when they have 1 trail and more than enough people as is, I'd be pissed. I think the price is fair for people that didn't plan ahead and want to ski at the only game in town.
90 dollars isn't fair for one trail buddy

thebigo

One of the better May superstar days I recollect. Light crowd, perfect weather. Big bumps on the top, middle and lower half mature bumps on half, other half yellow ice with some slush.

For some reason AZ won't let me load pictures, file too large error?

machski

One of the better May superstar days I recollect. Light crowd, perfect weather. Big bumps on the top, middle and lower half mature bumps on half, other half yellow ice with some slush.

Yeah not bad. But the top pitch will break open at some point this weekend. Once that happens, they may be able to recover it nightly but it won't hold very long each morning. Rest is still decent.

Smellytele

I get the same error lately

abc

I don't think fair is the correct word...
I quite agree. Itโ€™s whatever the market will bear.

In May, itโ€™s really jus pass holders who are skiing for free, or people burning their vouchers. The rest are only willing to payโ€ฆwhatever they feel like! For the majority of people, itโ€™s nothing! (or $20-30, for a couple hours).

No one in their right mind will pay $90 to ski just a few hours on one trail. I feel whatever theyโ€™re pricing it at, itโ€™s not going to make much difference in terms of ticket revenue.