• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Less Than Five Months Til The 2003 Ski Season!

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
of course, i won't actually ski for another seven months though, but who cares! is any one else getting excited yet? i love hiking during the summer, but it feels so 'off season' to me.

does anyone else still have these forums bookmarked under their 'Ski Forums' Folder like me? you know what? i ain't gonna change it!!!! :p

Greg

Staff member
I hear ya. I start counting the days as soon as ski season ends. I'll probably get out at least once in November because by then I typically can't wait much longer!

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
i tried K last year on 12.15.01 for an early season first day of skiing cause i couldn't wait. of course, last year's 12.15 was probably more representative of a typical pre-thanksgiving day for K... but still. after that horrible worst ever 3 hours of skiing, i swore off early season skiing for good.

i hope i can everntaully give K another shot as that was my first impression of the mountain. first ever time i feared for my life, so many skier's were all around me, most couldn't even handle the bumps everyone had to go down to get back to the lodge (only way down).

any ways, :beer: here's to next year... it only gets better!

Greg

Staff member
My first day out this past season was also at K and rather disappointing - See this thread. I think at the time, I swore off early season skiing entirely. But I can tell you that even now if it was November and the Glades were open, I'd consider going... :eek: A bad day of skiing is still better than a good day at work. :wink:

A

Anonymous

I thought I was the only one....

Not only do I check my bookmarks still but I still check the Snow Reports, even though I know its blank. Guess its just wishful thinking....I have a feeling its gonna be an ealry and hard winter, so maybe we will all be eating our turkey on the slopes....what do you guys do for offseason training besides Hike?

Greg

Staff member
4 months and counting!

:beer:

J

Joe

I though after an early day of skiing last year at Killington that I would wait a little longer this year to start my season. Here we are in early September an the ich is getting bad as I am greatly anticipating / hoping for a great snow season. So I booked my first outing in November as I just can not wait any longer ;)

Time to tune everything up and get ready for the upcoming season. Looking forward to using the new Rosi Bandits that I purchased 2/3 through last season and was just starting to get used to the shaped skis.

My new boots where also just starting to feel like my old ones when I had to put them away.

Just a few more hikes and rounds of golf until our winter playground is open.

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
consider this: killington will be blowing snow in a month!!! temperature permitting of course! well, i won't be skiing for at least three more months, but still the thought is nice. visions of whiteness in my head.

L

LiveFreeorDie NH

Getting close........................( copied from www.killington.com ) :
Attention all skiers, snowboarders, telemarkers and all snow lovers:
Killington snowmakers are preparing the most extensive snowmaking system in North America in anticipation of being the first resort to open in the East for skiing and snowboarding for the 42nd consecutive season. Temps are starting to drop which means the 2002-2003 ski and snowboard season is just around the corner. Snowmakers will await low temperatures at higher elevations sometime typically at the end of September to “blow the mice out”—test the snow guns— and create a ribbon of white snow along upper elevation trails. Shortly after this test, traditionally Killington is the first resort to open in the East.

Killington opened Nov. 6 last season. Its earliest opening was Oct. 3, 1994

Greg

Staff member
Get this. Less than 60 days (57 to be exact :D ) until my first planned ski outing up at the Big K. The cooler weather is on its way. Keep praying to the Snow Gods! :spin: