• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Liftopia tickets to Jay Peak

dlague

Does anyone know how the tickets can be transferred to someone else? I pre bought 6 tickets last year to use tomorrow and the flu is running through our home this week. We will definitely not be using them and wish we could give them away. I live two hours away so I can not even show up and hand off.

I think this a flawed feature with Liftopia and a reason I am reluctant to use them! I think an authorized release to someone else by the purchaser should be allowed.

This is the third prepurchase in as many years that did not work out! Gotta learn the hard way.

Smellytele

Does anyone know how the tickets can be transferred to someone else? I pre bought 6 tickets last year to use tomorrow and the flu is running through our home this week. We will definitely not be using them and wish we could give them away. I live two hours away so I can not even show up and hand off.

I think this a flawed feature with Liftopia and a reason I am reluctant to use them! I think an authorized release to someone else by the purchaser should be allowed.

This is the third prepurchase in as many years that did not work out! Gotta learn the hard way.

live by the sword - die by the sword

BenedictGomez

They could do that, but it defeats part of why you were capable of getting a good deal in the first place. I guarantee Liftopia keeps metrics on what percentage of tickets go unused and that figures into the profit and the appeal to the mountains.

dmw

Is there a name on the voucher? I think you could email the voucher to whomever and they print it; don't think I've ever had my ID checked when redeeming Liftopia.

I have one for tomorrow, would possibly be interested in one of yours for my friend.

Savemeasammy

Can you not just email to someone? I used a liftopia voucher for my wife and I earlier this year at Mountain Snow, and I did not show ID. I think i even had it right on my phone. I think I did the same at the Beast last spring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bdfreetuna

They could do that, but it defeats part of why you were capable of getting a good deal in the first place. I guarantee Liftopia keeps metrics on what percentage of tickets go unused and that figures into the profit and the appeal to the mountains.

If the tickets are already paid for either way, it makes no sense the mountain would prefer people stay at home. They lose the chance to make any more money from the person in the restaurants, stores, other amenities.

Most ski resorts I believe are at least somewhat concerned whether people perceive they've gotten a good value for their money.

BenedictGomez

If the tickets are already paid for either way, it makes no sense the mountain would prefer people stay at home. They lose the chance to make any more money from the person in the restaurants, stores, other amenities.

Most ski resorts I believe are at least somewhat concerned whether people perceive they've gotten a good value for their money.

Perhaps you're right regarding ancillary revenue from the folks that show up, but the attractiveness of the deal is the mountains are locking in revenue in advance, and keep that revenue even if it's a skating rink with 45mph winds under which nobody would come. That Liftopia customer is SOL in that scenario.

dlague

Just to let everyone know I emailed my liftopia confirmation to a fellow A Zoner and he had no problem! So it can be done as some of you suggested! Glad it did not go to waste for the most part!

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

dmw

Yes, worked out well. The girl said its usually frowned upon, but I had told her the situation straight up and she was very cool about it.

Wavewheeler

I bought my tickets with Liftopia for Killington and just printed the voucher out, handed it to the girl behind the counter and she gave us our tickets. No ID required.

skifree

Waterville gave us gift cards for value of liftopia tickets during a rain event.
Very cool of them.

Savemeasammy

Yes, worked out well. The girl said its usually frowned upon, but I had told her the situation straight up and she was very cool about it.

Good deal. Did they ask for ID?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dlague

Glad you made it work

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

dmw

I told them the true situation right up front and she was cool about it. Probably helped that DLague had purchased SIX vouchers and I only asked to use one. Also fwiw, she didn't ask for ID with my own printed voucher either.