• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Lifts that only service expert terrain?

NYDB

Schlasman Double at Bridger Bowl. Goes just 100' shy of the top of the Ridge. You have to beep in with an active transceiver to access the lift like you would the other hike-access terrain.

Also the Headwaters lift at the former Moonlight Basin (now part of Big Sky). Brings you to a ridge between the two areas with Headwaters on one side, Big Sky's A-Z Chutes on the other.
Challenger at Big Sky too. drops you next to HW lift

ne_skier

Lift 7 at Belleayre, this could count, but I guess if you catwalked far enough you could get to Roaring Brook. It's advertised as an expert-only lift, but it also has a midstation that serves intermediate terrain. The expert terrain also isn't the most gutwrenching stuff out there, but still counts there ig

kbroderick

There's also Poma 1 at Beartooth Basin, which is a particularly interesting one as it is an upside-down area and you need to descend from the top to get to the flatter stuff down bottom.

machski

White Heat at one time was on this list, then they had to go and cut Salvation. Of course, that run is no cup of tea, has a very steep albeit short pitch but right into a hard 90 corner. Have seen many ski into the woods after not making that turn, especially when we get "New England Packed Powder" conditions ;)

dblskifanatic

Falcon Chair on Peak 10 at Breck - while some of the black trails are cruisers and I would consider blue trails in Colorado standards. But it keeps beginners away.

jimmywilson69

Falcon Chair on Peak 10 at Breck - while some of the black trails are cruisers and I would consider blue trails in Colorado standards. But it keeps beginners away.

good call. the terrain on either side of the groomers on that peak is some of my favorite at Breck. Never crowded over there either and you can alternate tree runs with steepish groomers its really a great area.

xlr8r

Canyon at Killington

3 Bears at Copper

Resolution at Copper

Eagle Wind at Winter Park
Actually looking at the map I can add even more for Copper

Resolution (I previously mentioned)
Alpine

These 2 you have to ski a black to get to the base of the lift

3 Bears - (I previously mentioned)
Mountain Chief
Storm King
Celebrity Ridge

These 4 you have to ski a black from the top

Some others that have yet to be mentioned

Allen Peak Tram at Snowbasin
Jackson Hole Tram
Arizona Gondola Arizona Snowbowl

ss20

A minute from the Alta exit off the I-15!
White Heat at one time was on this list, then they had to go and cut Salvation. Of course, that run is no cup of tea, has a very steep albeit short pitch but right into a hard 90 corner. Have seen many ski into the woods after not making that turn, especially when we get "New England Packed Powder" conditions ;)

Salvation and the run immediately below it are consistently the iciest pieces of crap I have ever skied.