• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Lindsey Vonn Files for Divorce

BenedictGomez

the swirl of emotions will probably shake her race day concentration.

You're probably right. But I've seen it go the other way too, where the person becomes uber-focused on their career, almost using it as a refuge against their personal problems.

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
Wow I can't believe this thread went three posts without someone excited about the fact that she will be single.

drjeff

He is the one who filed. Was she the unfaithful one? Not that is the only reason people get divorced but...

Who knows. But one possible strike aganst that theory, is that her soon to be ex husband was a former ski racer and World Cup Level coach himself and very often was traveling with her on the WC circuit. So it's not like it was she was in Europe from say January 1st to late March and he was back stateside (or hanging out just at LV's European "base camp" in Austria.

One of the other possible scenario's is that he is as I recall about 10yrs or so older than her, and since LV is and has been for many years essentially estranged from her father, that when she first started dating Thomas when she was about 20, that he was also filling somewhat of a father figure role as well as a husband for her, since growing up via the ski academy lifestyle and then being on the US Ski Team at an early age likely not just afforded LV many opportunities that most people don't get, but also deprived her of many that most adolescents/20 somethings do get.

ALLSKIING

Staff member
Who knows. But one possible strike aganst that theory, is that her soon to be ex husband was a former ski racer and World Cup Level coach himself and very often was traveling with her on the WC circuit. So it's not like it was she was in Europe from say January 1st to late March and he was back stateside (or hanging out just at LV's European "base camp" in Austria.

One of the other possible scenario's is that he is as I recall about 10yrs or so older than her, and since LV is and has been for many years essentially estranged from her father, that when she first started dating Thomas when she was about 20, that he was also filling somewhat of a father figure role as well as a husband for her, since growing up via the ski academy lifestyle and then being on the US Ski Team at an early age likely not just afforded LV many opportunities that most people don't get, but also deprived her of many that most adolescents/20 somethings do get.

Thats deep Doc......although that husband/father role kinda makes me sick :puke:

Rambo

Found this rumor somewhere on the net. Supposedly her husband got mad and destroyed all her ski boots and skis.

"This is true. I am a ski tuner up here in Aspen. We had the world cup here all weekend. The rumor mill was rabid about this. The two major things this article leaves out are the fact that her husband destroyed her boots this weekend before the races and the reason the divorce is happening is that Lindsey's has been Dating Tim Tebow for 3 or 4 months. So much for the religous guy honoring another man's marriage. All pretty sad. She claimed it was a bad back her withdrawing from the race yesterday. It was more likely No skis ready to race and no boots for her feet and no coach or tuner no, Ski Racing."

Tim Tebow - Lindsey Vonn - Brooklyn Decker at the ESPY awards in July
232x152.jpg

Last edited:

bigbog

allskiing said:
...that husband/father role kinda makes me sick
Somehow I don't think you're the only one that got that effect Dave...

Agreed...marrying a much younger, highly-successful ski-racer on the wc_circuit isn't a calling to bring out the father figure = :roll:.

Last edited:

MadPatSki

Website
madpatski.wordpress.com
Will she go back to being known as Lindsey Kildow?

That is why I don't understand why wife often take their spouse's name. What are the odds that the marriage will end in divorce? Anyhow, that is an entire different discussion.

Not that I'm saying she won't switch back. Yeck we had one person at work do from maiden to married name (1st husband) to maiden to married (2nd husband).

To reply to snowmonster: Tina Turner. Her husband abused her and she still kept his last name. Oh yeah, her career.

Wonder is that 16yr old give her a phone call for a second date now. :popcorn:

Breeze

Hey, don't be too hard on the Kildow family history . There is a lot of grit and determination behind Lindsey's success, and Lindsey's mom owns a huge share of that true- grit pie in her own right.

Lindsey didn't get all her grit and git-er-done from her Daddy or her husband. Lindsey was 6 years old when her mom suffered a life threatening and debilitating medical emergency during delivery of the triplets, something that left her Mom in a wheelchair for months, all the while caring for triplets.

Lindsey did not have a magical childhood, she is the product of < doing the best we could>.

Breeze

bigbog

I already sent her an invite to go to the AZ summit with me!
Questionable....snowmonster's around.......but ya' have to admit = is still the biggest ongoing question:lol:

SNOWMONSTER:
Name = doing the hyphenated..would seem good, as some do.....*My $.01 guess though...is that it's gonna take some time & maturing for her to appreciate the value of your bratwurst/sausages!

Last edited:

deadheadskier

Staff member
She got married too young. The cards were stacked against her. How many marriages work out when someone gets married at 23 years old?