• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Line Opus

jrmagic

Has anyone skied these? It goes without saying that I would demo before I bought but I'm just curious about the general characteristics. I'm beleive this is a pretty soft finesse type ski. At 6 foot 220 I'm afraid this under my load this might be too much of a wet noodle for me.

bigbog

Might not want to diss it so quick jrM, seems as though the 192 would seem possible. Seems like the ski should be good for more than groomers & kickers..ie ads....y/n?
Lots of others out there though this season.

jrmagic

Might not want to diss it so quick jrM, seems as though the 192 would seem possible. Seems like the ski should be good for more than groomers & kickers..ie ads....y/n?
Lots of others out there though this season.

Anything is possible and I agree the only one worth trying is likely the 192 if I can find it in a demo. I'd be looking to use this for powder days and tree skiing mostly so I'm not particurly concerned about its groomer performance which is where I assume its would perform worst.

bigbog

Exactly my focus as well jrmagic....
If you've been catching the discussion over on TGR, seems as though there aren't any bad words for the Opus...(so far). Local shop has a pair of 178 SFBs....the pair of 184/186s? was scooped up pretty fast.
Firm underfoot with light tips/tails. Playfull within a certain envelope so said?
Maybe in knee-deep+ the ski needs to have a little more than just being playfull...as in 4-12"....y/n?

Last edited: