• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Long Trail Harvest Ale

bill9009

I dont like regular rum and coke, just captain. And as for beer its miller lite all the way for me! Sorry guys all that other beer doesnt do it for me, except maybe for a Killians, but watch out for those beer farts the next day!!!

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
i also fail to understand the fascination with guinness. it does nothing for me. sierra nevada pale ale is great, greg! i tend to enjoy a harpoon ipa a little more though.

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
cannon ale is a microbrew served at the italian oasis in littleton. best damn microbrew i have ever had. so darn smooth and tasty... and what a great name for a beer!

MtnMagic

I don't think I can learn to enjoy to taste of beer anymore. It's the ale that floats my boat. Cannon Ale at the Italian Oasis in Ltn? Wow riverc0il, I'm going to go there 'cuz I just have to try it. Yes, a fine name for a beer!

skibum1321

bill9009 said:
I dont like regular rum and coke, just captain. And as for beer its miller lite all the way for me! Sorry guys all that other beer doesnt do it for me, except maybe for a Killians, but watch out for those beer farts the next day!!!
No one actually drinks Miller Lite for taste. The only reason I would ever go near it is if I was binge drinking. And even at that, it would have to be far cheaper than anything else I could buy, which it usually is not.

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com
skibum1321 said:
bill9009 said:
No one actually drinks Miller Lite for taste. The only reason I would ever go near it is if I was binge drinking. And even at that, it would have to be far cheaper than anything else I could buy, which it usually is not.

I know plenty of people that drink light macro brews for the taste (or probably lack thereof, actually). For whatever reason some (a lot) of people don't have the taste for barley malt and hops.

I'd say Bill is the foremost expert on what he likes and doesn't, wouldn't you?

ctenidae

I'd say Bill is the foremost expert on what he likes and doesn't, wouldn't you?

NO, dammit! Conformity is key! If you want to be cool, you must drink what I drink, think like I think, and dress like I dress. I am the arbiter of all that's good and righteous, and don't you forget it!

Seriously, though- I think it's important to try other things. You never know what you might be missing. If you like Killian's, try a Red Hook ESB, or a Dixie Crimson VooDoo (only from a respectable place, though- it tends to be old by the time it gets this far north). if you like Harpoon IPA, try a Stella Artois or a Pilsner Urquel. There's always something similar to whatever you like available, try things that differ in various dimensions. You might be surprised. That being said, if you're content with Miller Lite and that's all you want, then fine, it's your call. You wouldn't only ski at Denton and never try anywhere else, though, would you? Even with a 66 degree slope, that'd get old after a while.

EDIT: At all points, the term "You" is used in the collective, and is not intended to single out any individual. Mostly because that's the way I mean it, partly because I can't always keep track of who exactly said what.

skibum1321

Big difference between liking a beer and drinking it to get drunk though. If you actually like a beer you could just sit around watching tv and drinking it. I know very few people outside of college that do this with cheap beer on a regular basis (I realize this could just be the people that I hang out with).

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
the funny thing is, if you are drinking to get drunk, you could do it a lot quicker and likely cheaper with better and stronger beer. a 6'er of double bock or double bag should have any one in the bag for $7. vs. 12 piss beers for about the same price or likely twice as much for bud. get drunk and do it in style! that's what i'm talking about!
:beer:

ctenidae

I look at a box of wine and I get a hangover. Technically, it's the bst way to serve and store wine. However, it is not the highest quality producer's first choice.

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com
ctenidae said:
I look at a box of wine and I get a hangover. Technically, it's the bst way to serve and store wine. However, it is not the highest quality producer's first choice.

I'm about the same way.

I get less of a hangover from better quality beer as well, since, of course you have to drink less of it.

And man does skiing hungover suck. I get sweaty and dehydrated, bad case of swamp ass, legs are lazy, I'm lazy... happens more often to me than it should.

skibum1321

Marc said:
And man does skiing hungover suck. I get sweaty and dehydrated, bad case of swamp ass, legs are lazy, I'm lazy... happens more often to me than it should.
I hear ya loud and clear. It was amazing how much better I skied midweek in college than on weekends. It was like day and night.

jjmcgo

Agreement, at last

I knew if I hung around for several years and thousands of threads, riverc0il and I would agree on something!
Double Bag is great and it's the fast lane to a heavy buzz. Try a long hike on a hot day, skip food and bang down two Double Bags. See you in the morning! You awake where you fell.
riverc0il always brings passion and rarely subtlety so his assertion that DB is America's finest beer is in character. Here, though, he is not far from wrong.
No beer can be the best because beer drinking is situational. There's practically no excuse at all for Miller High Life, except after a tag football game in 90 degree weather. Then it's the best beer.
Someone mentioned Dixie beer. On a hot muggy New Orleans afternoon, a 39 degree Dixie and an Oyster po'boy. Oh yeah.
Now and then, you get a fresh Pilsner Urquell and you're in heaven. Look for bars in ethnic Eastern European neighborhoods. Some have PU on tap.
Mergs, about 20 years researchers on a government grant (this is a great country) determined that cockroaches' favorite food is Pabst Blue Ribbon Beer.
I guess that makes me a cockroach. Around Philly, PBR has made a huge comeback. Very popular on South St.

ctenidae

PBR has its place. Way back when in my college days, anytime we were drinking PBR we'd get an overpowering desire to grill. Of course, by that time we'd had a few too many. By the time the charcoal was ready (beer + lighter fluid = no eyebrows :angry: ), we'd had a few more, then we'd put a slab of whatever we had handy on the grill, have a few more, forget completely about the food, have a few more, remember the food, which by now closely resembled the charcoal it cooked over. Fortunately by then we'd had enough to drink not to care.

Good times.
:beer:

MtnMagic

Try a long hike on a hot day, skip food and bang down two Double Bags. See you in the morning! You awake where you fell.
With me, having two great tasty Dbl Bags after a long hike only makes me more hungry. At 7.2% it is certainly strong, no way lights out. You're kidding right?!