• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Looking for Skiing Partner

skigypsy

I am a "mature" older, former university lecturer, skier who skis everyday. I am an "expert" level skier who does not compete with other skiers in terms of; skiing level, ego or status!
I never speak about politics,religion and sex, since I let all persons live their lives as they see fit!
I am first on slopes and last to leave. I do not smoke or have cell phone on hill ( and ask that you leave yours off while skiing)!
I just enjoy skiing and am looking for a skiing partner to visit ski centers such as; Sunday River, Sugarloaf and Saddleback in 2010! Most inns. hotels etc,,, require two persons!

I often go to Sunday River with the "deal of the century",,but it requires two skiers!

I have a ski car with Thule for 10 skis!

If you are as "fanatic" as I am,,,let us try one day together skiing together and if you see that we can "share ski trip costs" then perhaps Sunday River could be next ski trip!

PS. I am happily married and have 4 great adult skiers as children!

wa-loaf

Greg please move this to the personals section ... LOL

Seriously though, good luck with finding a ski partner. I don't know if you can find someone to go on all your trips with you. But if you post in the trips forum where and when you are going, odds are you will at least find someone to ski with you once you get there and possibly a hotel mate as well.

Welcome to AZ.

bobbutts

Why would you ski in Maine all the time if you live at Lake Champlain? And why not get a season's pass if you ski every day?

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
there are lots of resorts that advertise PPDO. You can still take the room as a single, you just have to pay twice. Instead, go to King's place where he doesn't penalize you.

My honest suggest will be to hang around the forum and participate in some of the fanatical banter, so folks can get to know you and vica-versa. Then maybe you'll get some traction.

WWF-VT

Isn't Highway Star looking for friends at Sunday River now that he's done with Killington ?

My only concern on this being a potential match is that skigypsy is " an "expert" level skier who does not compete with other skiers in terms of; skiing level, ego or status!