• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Loon Mountain opening this friday

cbackman

Loon mountain is planning on opening top to bottom this friday

dlague

Would love to be there but Killington plans on having top to bottom from what I hear and the early season 2 for 1 wins the economic decision. I have never skied Loon and they are not worth the $81 regular seasson rate! I also refuse to pay the $49 rate for opening day skiing!

cbackman

I dont see killington making top to bottom for this weekend, but yeah loon is not one of my favorite spots either midseason but for whats available this time of year they're usually pretty good

Huck_It_Baby

I dont see killington making top to bottom for this weekend,

Why not?

Looks like they have already blown snow on the lower mountain and Thursday night through Saturday looks like good temps for more snow making.

cbackman

They might pull it off, theyre website states theyre still focused on upper mountain though

Huck_It_Baby

They might pull it off, theyre website states theyre still focused on upper mountain though

Oh I see that now.

Loon worth it?

Fingers crossed. I have new boots I need to test out more before my 30 day return ends.