• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Magic in the wind?

bman

Magic is supposed to open tomorrow (monday) and it will be awesome with all this untouched snow. It is supposed to be pretty windy though; anyone have opinions on how Magic fares compared to others in terms of wind hold issues? Thanks for the input.

vt121

magic and wind...

Both lifts are protected really well from wind by trees... that is normally not a problem there...

A great place to go with all that fresh snow....I wish I could go tomorrow... but will be there later in the week...

bvibert

Staff member
We skied there one awesome day when most of Mount Snow was on windhold for much of the day. As vt121 mentioned the lifts are nice and low so that wind isn't an issue.

sledhaulingmedic

As mentioned before, well protected. We never had a wind hold in the 5 years I patrolled there.

Tomorrow is "Buy an ops guy a beer day" at Magic. Buy them a beer and they'll say thanks.

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
I will be at Magic tomorrow/Monday 12/22. Yellow Jacket, Giro helmet, black pants. Maybe in the woods, we'll see. Look me up. Channel 6-13.

I've been at Magic when Mt. Snow had all the lifts on hold for the entire day. nuff said!

gmcunni

fwiw, got an email from Magic tonight. they won't have food/beverage service tomorow. Make sure you pack your own.

On a final note, we received word from our Food and Beverage concessionaire today that they have been unable to get their deliveries in due to the bad weather and won't be able to open tomorrow. We encourage you to pack your own lunch and snacks to get you through the day. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

2Planker

As mentioned before, well protected. We never had a wind hold in the 5 years I patrolled there.

Tomorrow is "Buy an ops guy a beer day" at Magic. Buy them a beer and they'll say thanks.

What ever became of the old Timberside ? Many years ago (1986-7) we used to park there. It was like your own priate resort. One chair, descent trails and maybe only 30-40 cars in the lot. Did they cut more trails to make it more ski in/out friendly w/ the rest of Magic ?

I patrolled at Stratton in the early 80's, but we always hit Magic on Powder Days !

djspookman

What ever became of the old Timberside ? Many years ago (1986-7) we used to park there. It was like your own priate resort. One chair, descent trails and maybe only 30-40 cars in the lot. Did they cut more trails to make it more ski in/out friendly w/ the rest of Magic ?

I patrolled at Stratton in the early 80's, but we always hit Magic on Powder Days !

Timberridge is now privately owned by a guys who's son ride for Burton. Hike up/ski down only, unless you hike it, skin it, or have a snowmobile, then you can take the VAST trail up, drop skiiers off up top, and lap it. The owner mows the trails, and even has his own Bombardier BR350 to groom/shape the terrain. He's a really low-key nice guy, just go talk to him and enjoy the day over there!

Oh, and Magic is SAWEETTTT right now.. see my report in the TR section that will come later today..

dave