• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

management listens!

skiur

What a difference one season makes. Last year Killington managment seemed to only want to upset there core customers. This year they have changed 100% They even listen to there customers directly. One big thing that upset many people was there change of hours on the weekends. At start of the season they amended there start time so that the K1 still started at 8 am but none other. This caused an extreme clusterf@#k with parking over the xmas vacation and people voiced there dislike for it over on Kzone and they changed it. Jeff Temple (director of ops) has even opened up direct dialogue with posters on Kzone. Kudos to them as even small issues can now be given to the director of ops. He even gave out his email address.

thetrailboss

Staff member
Great to hear. Hope that the few asshats don't piss off Jeff and company again. A few years ago Killington management did have a direct dialogue with KZone folks, but there were some clowns who ruined it for everyone.

steamboat1

This update from Mike Solimano on lift operations:

The Beast wakes up earlier…

Last spring, we announced that all lifts will open at 8:30 a.m. for weekends and peak days. This decision was made based on the fact that there are many operational logistics to opening early and many of our competitors are moving in this direction (and of course it would save us some money).

After feedback from our guests, we tweaked the lift operations mode in the fall to have the K-1 Express Gondola and the North Ridge Triple open at 8:00 a.m. with all other lifts opening at 8:30 a.m. or 9:00 a.m. While many people appreciated our efforts to add back these lifts at the 8:00 a.m. opening, there are still inconveniences faced by guests due to this staggered lift mode.

As a result, we have decided to return to last year’s lift operating mode. Starting Saturday, January 5, 2013, our New Year’s resolution is to open at least one lift in all areas of Killington at 8:00 a.m. on weekends and peak days. Yes, we’re bringing back The Beast!

2013 Lift Mode, 8:00 a.m. Openings:

K-1 Express Gondola
Needle’s Eye Express Quad
Northbrook Quad
North Ridge Triple
Ramshead Express Quad
Skye Peak Express Quad
Snowdon Quad
Snowshed Express Quad
Superstar Express Quad
Sunrise Village Triple

Other lifts will open at 8:30 a.m. or 9:00 a.m. Happy New Year and see you for first tracks Saturday at 8:00 a.m.!

Please know we are just as passionate about our resort as you are, and our intention is to make Killington the best mountain resort possible. We have been working over the past few months to improve our communication with the community as well as our guests. In addition, we have been seeking feedback on ways we can improve Killington Resort to make it a place that all of our stakeholders, can and will, be proud of.

We have started a community wide customer service program where we are working with the entire community to exceed guest expectations. We are making progress, but we still have a long way to go. We have already implemented some very simple changes based on your feedback:
• Music at the K-1 Express Gondola
o Okay, I know the music selection may not be everyone’s taste, but we are working on providing a more palatable choice.
• Restricted Smoking Policy
o We have implemented a restricted smoking policy where smoking is only allowed in certain areas of the resort (specifically banned from lifts, lift lines, Ramshead Lodge and Killington Tubing Park). We are working on enforcing this new policy, but, like any change it will take time.
• Ramshead Lodge
o We removed the valet parking and moved all staff parking out of this lot to increase the number of parking spaces for our guests.
o We added a Yurt below the Magic Carpet area so kids have a warm spot to gather before, during and after their lessons.
• Mountain Operations Communication
o Jeff Temple, Director of Mountain Operations, has been providing blog posts weekly explaining what our plan is for future snowmaking expansion and other operations.

As I have said in previous blog posts, we are committed to making our guest experience the best it can be. While there are some requests that we just can’t accommodate (like running every lift every day), we are listening and really do want your feedback. My email is msolimano@killington.com and I do reply to all emails.

Thanks for your passion and support,

Mike Solimano
Killington Resort President and General Manager

thetrailboss

Staff member
Please know we are just as passionate about our resort as you are, and our intention is to make Killington the best mountain resort possible. We have been working over the past few months to improve our communication with the community as well as our guests. In addition, we have been seeking feedback on ways we can improve Killington Resort to make it a place that all of our stakeholders, can and will, be proud of.

Very nice.

As I have said in previous blog posts, we are committed to making our guest experience the best it can be. While there are some requests that we just can’t accommodate (like running every lift every day), we are listening and really do want your feedback. My email is msolimano@killington.com and I do reply to all emails.

I wonder how many Emails he has gotten from Nigerian princes looking for someone to help them transfer money to the U.S.

snowmonster

Glad to know that K management listens and are proactive with their guests. Keeping the customers happy goes a very long way. I think the reason that most Sunday River regulars are happy with the resort is the perception that management listens -- complaints are attended to, suggestions are considered and management personnel meet with and ski with patrons. I've seen a lot of examples there where SR patrons made suggestions and management did someting about it. It builds loyalty and makes guests come back.

Smellytele

"o We have implemented a restricted smoking policy where smoking is only allowed in certain areas of the resort (specifically banned from lifts, lift lines, Ramshead Lodge and Killington Tubing Park). We are working on enforcing this new policy, but, like any change it will take time."

Nice but can you smoke in the other lodges? Or does this mean anywhere near Ramshead?

steamboat1

[h=3]Smoking[/h] In consideration of all guests, smoking is restricted to designated smoking areas only. Designated smoking areas are identified by signs located outside base lodges. Please ask a Killington staff member or volunteer if you need assistance locating designated smoking areas. Thank you for your cooperation.
Designated Smoking Areas
K-1Small deck off Mahogany Ridge
Tables at Umbrella Bar fire pit area
Parking lot
Snowshed Second floor deck outside Long Trail Pub
Right side of skier tunnel
Parking lot
Bear East End of Deck (closest to parking lot)
Parking lot
SkyeshipCorner area adjacent to pedestrian bridge
Parking lot
100% Smoke-free Areas
Ramshead Mountain
Killington Tubing Park
Pico Mountain

AdironRider

Theres already precedent that outside of actually being on a lift or in a company owned building you can smoke anywhere you damn well please on public land.