• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Mount Snow 2/2/2014

Euler

Took advantage of the $29 Sunday afternoon rate and I'm happy I did! I was hesitant to plan the afternoon given the forecast for drizzly mixed crap, but the weather wound up not being disastrous and the conditions were super! It didn't really rain much overnight and during the day Sunday temps stayed in the mid-high 30's. Soft hero snow everywhere! The front face skied so well and fun we didn't bother moving around the mountain much. Exhibition was super fun with a nice, albeit short, stretch of moguls setting up mid mountain. Ridge, which is usually scraped pretty well by Sunday afternoon was soft and nice. Snowdance on far skiers right merited three laps through the blown in, mostly unskied snow. Lots of ice and rocks to avoid, but it was worth it to frolic in the soft snow over there rather than the stuff on skiers left. Ego was well groomed and SUPER fast. Yard Sale has nice bumps set up that are not icy yet. We did make one foray down Thanks Walt to check out Beartrap. We gave it a pass as it had seeded bumps that looked like they were spaced way too far apart...looked like some widely spaced piles of snow with machine scraped ice in between. It was too gray for photos. Looks like the weather and the Mountain Ops team have moved things back to where they should be at Mount Snow.

Glenn

Nice TR! We were at Stratton Sunday and found conditions to be about the same...but the snow wasn't super soft. Ended snowing for a few hours too. No crowds after 11 and we skied pretty hard.

The hero snow setup overnight and things were firm at Mt Snow yesterday. If it wasn't groomed, it was a bit dicey. Finger crossed for the storm tomorrow.