• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Mount Snow on Xmas?

Bostonian

The last time I was at Mt Snow I must have been 8 years old, with family who we dont speak with anymore. I am tempted to head up there for the day on Xmas and wondering what the lines are like and how crowded it will be. Plus I would love to see the look on certain family member's faces if they are there, if by happenstance I see them. Decisions Decisions...

DPhelan

i might be confusing christmas day with new years day, but it's usually pretty slow until about 11 and then it gets real busy. but with christmas being on a wednesday, a lot of suckers(myself included) have to work on thursday the 26th rather than getting a nice long weekend out of it

C-Rex

Fact: I call black people on skis unicorns, because they are so mythical and rare.

drjeff

Christmas day at Mount Snow is traditionally slow. Case in point, in the e-mail from the property manager who oversees the complex my place is in up there that I received today, one of the things mentioned about the upcoming holiday week schedule is the shuttle service that we have that takes us to the mountain from our homes. Most days we have a shuttle that runs every 15 minutes from the mountain through our complex and back to the mountain. It was specifically noted that on Christmas Day, we will only have 1 shuttle running every 30 minutes instead of the 2 shuttles that usually run every 15 minutes. It's all based on both current and historical bookings and business volume.

Christmas day will be a light day at Mount Snow, and pretty much every ski area

Abominable

Sweet, I'm counting on it. Santa, I've been (reasonably) good, how about a little fresh powder under the tree?

ScottySkis

The last time I was at Mt Snow I must have been 8 years old, with family who we dont speak with anymore. I am tempted to head up there for the day on Xmas and wondering what the lines are like and how crowded it will be. Plus I would love to see the look on certain family member's faces if they are there, if by happenstance I see them. Decisions Decisions...

I might be there on that day if I am maybe we will take some turns together.

mlctvt

I skied there one Christmas morning a few years ago and the place was deserted. As other have indicated it shouldn't be crowded at all, probably even less than a typical Wednesday.