• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

MSR Stove Question

hammer

Jetboil now makes a model that is used for pots.

M
I think that's the group cooking system...instead of the cup you get a cooking pot.

Just checked the website and they also have a cooking pan as well.

I'd guess that you need to use their cup, pot or pan to get the best efficiency since they include a ring that works with the stove itself.

SkiDog

I think that's the group cooking system...instead of the cup you get a cooking pot.

Just checked the website and they also have a cooking pan as well.

I'd guess that you need to use their cup, pot or pan to get the best efficiency since they include a ring that works with the stove itself.

Yes you are correct, however I believe that the stove you use for the "pots and pans" is different than the cup only jetboil system. I think it has "arms" to hold the pot.

I could be wrong completely.

M

hammer

Yes you are correct, however I believe that the stove you use for the "pots and pans" is different than the cup only jetboil system. I think it has "arms" to hold the pot.

I could be wrong completely.

M
I think you are talking about the pot support and stabilizer...I purchased that mostly for the stabilizer but I plan on using the pot support and trying out the stove with a regular pan as well.

All in all, though, the JetBoil is a nice convenient stove...