• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Must Read Books

ctenidae

There are (ready for this?) 20 completed Master and Commander novels plus one unfinished book published after O'Brian's death. I have read all of them - some twice.

That's dedication! I've read the first couple twice, since there was a long spread between when I first started reading them and when I got a full set in 6 volumes. Honestly, I'd probably be a lot further along, but I got a Kindle, and don't want to re-buy them, and got used to reading digital, etc etc etc...

Still, very good books.

HD333

That's dedication! I've read the first couple twice, since there was a long spread between when I first started reading them and when I got a full set in 6 volumes. Honestly, I'd probably be a lot further along, but I got a Kindle, and don't want to re-buy them, and got used to reading digital, etc etc etc...

Still, very good books.
All 20 of those are on my cd's, guess I will give them a shot after the book I am reading now, Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas.

Geoff

There are (ready for this?) 20 completed Master and Commander novels plus one unfinished book published after O'Brian's death. I have read all of them - some twice.

I prefer the Temeraire series of novels by Naomi Novik. Master & Commander-style historical novels but with dragons.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Tastes vary. I've re-read Still Life with Woodpecker by Tom Robbins perhaps more than any other book. Then again, I'm a red head. You'd have to be one to understand my appreciation for the book.

.....wish I had the time to read more novels. I'm only good for a couple a year; typically on vacation. Every time I finish a novel I say to myself, "I really need to read one more often." Guess my challenge is that I don't like to read in short spurts. I want to immerse myself for at least 3-4 hours at a time. Seems like I only have that kind of time alone when I'm on an airplane or chilling at a beach for a few days on vacation.