• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

my job today

highpeaksdrifter

Sorry about the job man. Things have a way of working out keep moving.

Bumps on wilderness are getting there. I skied them between 10 to 15 times sat. There is a low quality vid on NS chat. Met a guy from Conn on the lift and brought him in. He is the guy on the left of me. Pretty good. Was done after one run. Never fell out of a line. They were getting pissed at the people that did. The trail next to it Mack had super big natural bumps. I can say with a lot of confidence seeded bumps are way easier than natural bumps.

HEY - I was there at the agreed upon time for pics and was told you just left. What's up with that? :angry:;-)

Anyways I was glad to have the chance to ski the seeded bumps. The consistant line gives me a chance to work on my faults.

Here's a pic of Lower Mack

100_0042.jpg

tjf67

HEY - I was there at the agreed upon time for pics and was told you just left. What's up with that? :angry:;-)

Anyways I was glad to have the chance to ski the seeded bumps. The consistant line gives me a chance to work on my faults.

Here's a pic of Lower Mack

100_0042.jpg

HMMM I saw you sliding down past the mid close to eleven. I told Colin I was supposed to meet you but you must have forgotten.

2knees

at the end of the day, we're all skiers and knee injuries suck.

+++ vibes and i hope it isnt too serious.

Greg

Staff member
at the end of the day, we're all skiers and knee injuries suck.

+++ vibes and i hope it isnt too serious.

Agreed. I know we have our differences, TJ, but I hope the knee isn't serious.

I have a sneaking suspicion I might be sidelined for a bit mid-season too and it effin' sucks.

tjf67

The women Kicked arse.

Tonight will be watching the ariels. Do you consider it skiing??

Thursday, January 21, 2010
FOR MORE INFORMATION CONTACT:
Tom Kelly, tkelly@ussa.org

Author of Story: Lindsey Sine

Women Go 1-2-3-4 in Placid

LAKE PLACID, NY (Jan. 21) – It was an incredible day for the USA as Hannah Kearney (Norwich, VT), Shannon Bahrke (Tahoe City, CA), Heather McPhie (Park City, UT) and Michelle Roark (Denver) took an unprecedented 1-2-3-4 sweep at the Nature Valley Freestyle Cup in Lake Placid.

For Kearney, who locked in her place in Vancouver at Olympic Trials in Steamboat Springs, being able to lead a sweep that included a showcase of the great talent the USA has to offer was an amazing experience.

"When I got down and crossed the finish line, I looked to the side and there were three U.S. Team uniforms. It was such a good day for the U.S.," Kearney said. "It's an honor to come out on top, even when it is your teammates because those are the best skiers. It definitely creates some buzz going into the Olympics to have four legitimate contenders for a medal. Any of our team members could do it and it's really exciting for the U.S. Ski Team and for the USA."

Of great importance to Kearney was being able to win the final event before the 2010 Olympics, especially at Lake Placid.

"To win the last event going into the Olympics is great for my confidence and I needed it," Kearney said. "I've never had any success on this course and it's sort of my home event, so it as nice to overcome that little streak I was having."

A key for Kearney winning Thursday's event was her ability to fine tune her run, which included a back layout for the top air and a helicopter on the bottom.

"I really worked on straightening the back layout out this week. I got some poor scores last week and I improved them this week and that was one of my main goals," Kearney said. "I learned a lot from Deer Valley and watching that video. I made some changes and skied cleanly."

Also skiing on her "A" game was 2002 Olympic silver medalist Shannon Bahrke (Tahoe City, CA) who said with time, she was able to improve her season and gain some confidence headed into the Olympics.

"I think it was a really slow start to my season, but as I get in the gate more and have a little more time, I think that everything is really coming together. That really means a lot to me," Bahrke said. "I'm really excited about it and I could not ask for anything more going into the Olympics. The last contest being in second is amazing and it gives me confidence going forward."

In addition to earning her second podium in as many weeks, Bahrke was happy to have been a part of such a great finish for U.S. women.

"That was so cool. It's been such a fight for our team and everyone has done so well," Bahrke said. "Everyone is putting down runs that are amazing and to be a part of that is cool. I'm proud of our girls and I think we did a good job today."

Rounding out the podium was McPhie who had her first World Cup win, as well as a second-place finish a week ago. With the final event out of her way, McPhie is happy to be able to take a breath before heading to Canada.

"There has been so much going on and so much emotion. It's been so exciting, and now I am excited to take a break and look forward to Vancouver," McPhie said. "I'm so excited to go to the Olympics. We are really strong heading in. I want to keep improving. I'm on a good path."

On the men's side of the moguls field, Michael Morse (Duxbury, MA) led the way for U.S. men with a fifth, followed by Bryon Wilson (Butte, MT) in eighth. Wilson, along with Trials winner Patrick Deneen (Cle Elum, WA) had already sewn up spots. Nate Roberts (Park City, UT), who skipped the event to recover from last week's crashes at Deer Valley, stayed secure in his bid for a first Olympic Team with his third place finish a month ago in Finland.

With the final Olympic qualification now wrapped up, the Olympic Team for moguls will be named Tuesday, Jan. 26th at Deer Valley Resort in Utah.

Action resumes in Lake Placid Friday with aerials under the lights and several Olympic spots still up for grabs.

OFFICIAL RESULTS
2010 Nature Valley Freestyle Challenge
Lake Placid, NY – Jan. 21, 2010
Moguls

Men
1. Guilbaut Colas, France, 26.51
2. Dale Begg-Smith, Australia, 25.95
3. Jesper Bjoernlund, Sweden, 25.44
4. Alexandre Bilodeau, Canada, 24.90
5. Michael Morse, Duxbury, MA, 24.89
-
8. Bryon Wilson, Butte, MT, 24.30