• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Nassahegan 2009-05-30

WoodCore

Hooked up with my regular group mid morning and rode out of the Stone Road side of Nassahegan. Started with some of the usual stuff to warm up a bit and then headed for a rip through the Stone Road rock garden which was a hoot! Almost made it through clean and only stepped off the pedals twice. We popped back onto Stone Road and headed up a small climb and down through some mini dirt jumps on the way back to the car to refill the water vessels.

We then rode back up Stone Road took a right and headed up some insane climb which lead eventually to a super fast and lengthy downhill. After the downhill we headed across the fire road over the logs and did the Fat Kid climb which at this point in the ride wasn't really very fun and then downhill back to the cars. We managed about 8.7 miles in a little over 2.25 hours.

I felt like I rode pretty well today and with each time out on the bike my speed, balance and ability to ride over stuff is getting noticeably better. My fitness is getting better as well and can't imagine how great I'll feel at the end of the summer.

Here's our track from today.

http://www.crankfire.com/trails/data.php?dataid=554

http://www.crankfire.com/map/index.php?tid=7&t=554&w=9,10,12,13,22,29,55,61,62,63,75,89,451,484,485,487,488,495&k=&h=

bvibert

Staff member
You're an animal! I'm very jealous of the amount that you're getting out!

That looks like a nice loop. That rock garden is fun, and challenging. I know the downhill you're talking about, we call it the kitchen by-pass, since it runs pretty much parallel to the devil's kitchen downhill. I like the idea of going down that and then back up the fat kid climb, makes for an interesting loop. The section leading up to that downhill is pretty neat too.

Greg

Staff member
Ah yes, Very interesting route. I've always liked that kitchen bypass downhill. You could have cut east at the big rock which I think is a more interesting way over to Stone from the fat kid climb, but by then you done most of the climb. Glad to hear things are starting to click each ride, WC. Hope to get out with you soon.

WoodCore

That looks like a nice loop. That rock garden is fun, and challenging. I know the downhill you're talking about, we call it the kitchen by-pass, since it runs pretty much parallel to the devil's kitchen downhill. I like the idea of going down that and then back up the fat kid climb, makes for an interesting loop. The section leading up to that downhill is pretty neat too.

It was a great ride today but I do have leading our group one of the best guides up at Nassehegan! Regardless, tomorrows ride should be just as good if not better.