• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

New breakfast option near Cannon

VTKilarney

There was an article in the newspaper a few days ago about Polly's Pancake Parlor in Sugar Hill. Polly's is going to a year-round operation starting in the 2015/2016 winter.

For those of you who have not been, Polly's is arguably the best breakfast spot in northern New Hampshire. This is great news for skiers at Cannon who want to go out for breakfast before hitting the slopes.

Here is their website: http://pollyspancakeparlor.com/

timm

Is this what you meant, or do you mean this winter? 15/16 seems far off to be announcing now.

It is 15/16. This month they will be tearing down the current building and starting work on a new building, set to open in the spring.

JoeB-Z

It is 15/16. This month they will be tearing down the current building and starting work on a new building, set to open in the spring.

The pancakes are excellent but it can take forever to get seated and served here. I mean over an hour. Definitely a tourist crowd taking their time.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Hopefully the new facility is expanded significantly. We swung by there this summer on a Saturday around 11 in the morning and the wait was an hour and twenty minutes.

Yeah, pass. Who the hell waits an hour and twenty minutes for pancakes no matter how famous they are? Hell, who waits that long for any meal. We drove down to Franconia and ate at Wendle's, which was plenty fine for us.

SIKSKIER

Unfortuanately this is one of last places I go for breakfast before skiing.It is in a spectacular setting on Sugar Hill and is a must do if you have not been but its not for before skiing.Definately a tourist spot and a very busy one.

witch hobble

If you are coming from the north, and arrive early, I can imagine this being a good addition. Certainly awesome views and really good pancakes. Go cornmeal coconut!

But for like 97% of us just getting there adds and extra 10 minutes in each direction, before you even factor in meal time.

SIKSKIER

We are excited to annouce the begining of a new chapter for us here at Polly's. We will begin construction on a new building in Oct 2014. Our current building is very worn out and can no longer support the high volume of business we are doing. After weighing all the options regarding renovating, remodeling, or rebuilding it became clear that a new building was the most practical and best option. While we understand that change is hard, in order to continue serving our customers we have decided it is time to rebuild. Unfortunately our options are limited and demolition of the old building has become necessary to assure that Polly's Pancake Parlor will be around for generations to come. We will be salvaging all the antiques, artifacts, barn board, and many aspects of the current building and moving them into the new one in order to maintain the charm of the Polly's Pancake Parlor. Of course our food and service will be the same as always. Your server will still cook your pancakes and you will still be able to watch! One of the most exciting aspects of this project is that we will be able to remain open year round once we are in the new building and be able to serve a whole new group of people. Please stay tuned here to remain up to date on all the information about Polly's rebuild project!

bobbutts

I'm sure it's delicious, but the last thing I want to do before skiing is eat pancakes.
Pancake house is usually just another name for breakfast restaurant. It doesn't mean they only serve pancakes. That said maybe this place only serves pancakes, I didn't go there or even look at the menu.