• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

New Climate Being Reported

Puck it

Data can be presented any way you want!

article-2217286-157E3ADF000005DC-561_644x358.jpg

Article:http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencet...-report-quietly-released--chart-prove-it.html

St. Bear

Website
twitter.com
I follow Joe Bastardi on Twitter, and he posts stuff like this all the time. He can be insufferable at times, but he does prove the point that nobody really knows what's going on.

ctenidae

The question I ask is, how does that 14C "world average" relate to the averages over the past, say, 500 years? I mean, let's get some perspective adn see what it looks like since the last mini ice age, and in particular since the start of the industrial revolution. Otherwise, we're here:

PiratesVsTemp.png

jrmagic

The question I ask is, how does that 14C "world average" relate to the averages over the past, say, 500 years? I mean, let's get some perspective adn see what it looks like since the last mini ice age, and in particular since the start of the industrial revolution. Otherwise, we're here:

View attachment 6709

Funny! I guess you didn't read the article?? It stated that the temp has gone up .75C since 1880.

ctenidae

Didn't notice the link to the article. I thinkteh graph was less nonsensical by itself. Add in the text, and it's even more useless. Global temepratures are up 0.75 degrees, but in general temeperatures are 0.5 degrees higher than the average, maeaning that real temperatures are actually 1.25 degrees higher than they were in 1880?

Global climate change must be a myth because temperatures in the past 16 years haven risen much, though they did in the 16 years before that. That is comforting. Polar ice caps, pfffffth.

As Twain once said, you put a frog in a pot of boiling water he'll jump out. You put a frog in a pot of cold water and put it on the stove, mmmm, frog soup. I may be paraphrasing there.

jrmagic

Just pointing out that the article answered one of your questions. Also not sure how you inferred the 1.25. it says .75 and nothing about adding .5... RIF:uzi:

ctenidae

The article says the average is up 0.75, but the graph shows departures from average, which would imply that temperatures are getting as much as 0.5 above average, which is already 0.75 higher than it was in 1880. 0.75 + 0.5 = 1.25

ctenidae

I'm not arguing, just pointing out the siliness of the article ingeneral and the ease of misconstruing statistics to suit your particular needs.

And, those are exactly from the article.