• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

New England Multi-mountain Season Passes

dlague

My wife brought up the idea of season passes for my wife, my son (that is still home) and I. Her thought was the pass to Cannon, Waterville, BW and Cranless. I decided to look at other multi-mountain passes and produced the following results. Keep in mind we will have skied 36 times (wife and I) and my son 30 times with an average $20.93 per visit for a total of $2135 +/- a few cents. We skied 19 different resorts. If I considered season passes, I would want a multi-mountain pass! What is the best pass mountain combo in your opinion?

The Pass, Cost for 2 Adults and a Junior, # days required to equal this years average per visit cost

Boyne Gold Pass (Sugarloaf, Sunday River, Loon) $2,677 43 Days required
Super Pass (Waterville, Cannon, Cranmore, BW) $2347 38 Days required
Nor'easter (Mount Snow, Crotched, Attitash, Wildcat) $2837 46 Days required
Peak Pass (Okemo, Sunapee, 5 days @ Crested Butte) Thru Okemo * $3117 50 Days required
Peak Pass (Okemo, Sunapee, 5 days @ Crested Butte) Thru Sunapee $2237 36 Days required
The Judge Pass (Jay Peak, Burke) $1627 26 Days required
Unlimited Pass (Killington, Pico) * $2697 43 Days required

* have 3 free passes to other moutains Okemo (3 Killington) Killington (3 Okemo)

Some to the rates end April 30!

Last edited:

thetrailboss

Staff member
Help us out here....

1. Where do you live now?
2. How far are you willing to drive?
3. What do you like to ski for terrain?
4. How often do you plan on going?
5. Will all three of you be skiing/riding at the same time?
6. What age is your son?

Edd

Anyone know why they called that pass the "Judge"? Just curious.

Sent from my iPad using AlpineZone

Savemeasammy

12. Would it be cool with you if I just leave my skis there?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Savemeasammy

The Jay/Burke pass is nice because you will get to your threshold quickly, and Jay delivers a long season. It's a long drive for you, though... I would like Killington/Pico for the same reason - long season, and Pico might be a good Saturday mountain.

For me, I would opt for a Cannon pass rather than the pass that includes BW, WV and Cranmore. Yawn... You could get your cost down on the cannon pass quickly, and still be free to hit other mountains.

thetrailboss

Staff member
So back to the original question...where do you live and how are you willing to drive?

You want a pass that you will use and won't be a hassle. And while multi-mountain passes are great, the drawback is that you may feel that you have to visit all the areas instead of focusing on one or two. My pass this year was awesome because it allowed me to ski where I prefer (mostly Snowbird) with free days at other places. BUT on more than one occasion I have skied at one of those places because I felt like I had to. First World problem I know, but sometimes less is more. But my pass is pretty much perfect because over the past three seasons I have mainly skied (by choice) at Alta, Snowbird, and Deer Valley. My pass has access to all those areas.

But multipasses have lots of upsides if you get the right one. Conditions suck at one place? Go to the other. Variety is also the spice of life.

That's one other piece of advice: get a pass that as good variety and resorts that AREN'T close by or are TOO similar. On your list the Sunapee-Okemo pass options really offer two very similar mountains, terrain-wise, that are geographically close such that if one gets bad weather the other one is likely to as well.

Other options you've listed: Boyne is a good option because you get three resorts spread out over a large area with a very long season. But they may not be day trip accessible for you. And it is also a bit more money.

The Super Pass is new to me. That looks like good variety, good spread of different resorts that aren't that close (Cannon and BW can have very different conditions). Cranmore and BW have night skiing. That gives you some flexibility. Cranmore is worth a visit or two....Cannon is different than any of those places.

Killington-Pico: only if you want to commit to that one area. And see my comment about avoiding places too close.

Jay-Burke (I won't use the stupid name): Burke has a short season and word has it that it will be shorter. It is quite different than Jay. Jay is a haul too. If you don't like glades then Jay will not be great for you. Good value though.

Nor'Easter was what I was going to suggest....but I have been hearing lots of grumbles about Peak not doing as well as they had and the price is high. It does give you a very wide range of options...north and south. And Crotched's night skiing is extensive if you're close by. That adds value to your pass.

Other options not knowing where you are or what you like to ski.....

Sugarbush (two separate mountains)
Ragged (maybe)
Gunstock

Last edited:

thetrailboss

Staff member
And, in the interest of full disclosure and related to your choices, I have had passes at Killington/Pico (ASC All East that included Sugarloaf/Sunday River), Cannon/Gunstock/Sunapee (one pass), and Burke/Jay. I was happy with all of them for different reasons.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Given your cost per day successes by following the deals, I would stick to that. Seems you have it dialed.

VTKilarney

Am I reading this right? The Peak pass is cheaper through Sunapee than Okemo with the same exact skiing allowed?

Quietman

Or work at a local ski area part time, do the hours that no one wants, get paid for it, still work your full time day job, and ski free when you don't work. The cost-revenue per ski day is quite low, except nobody likes working at 3am. :wink:

Puck it

The Jay/Burke pass is nice because you will get to your threshold quickly, and Jay delivers a long season. It's a long drive for you, though... I would like Killington/Pico for the same reason - long season, and Pico might be a good Saturday mountain.

For me, I would opt for a Cannon pass rather than the pass that includes BW, WV and Cranmore. Yawn... You could get your cost down on the cannon pass quickly, and still be free to hit other mountains.

I think he lives in NH too. So the Cannon pass with no black outs would be $599 with one free tiicket untel end of May.