• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

New England Ski DVD Production

J

jlangdale

I'm looking to do a DVD project of skiing/boarding in New England. I'm interested in finding local or knowledgable & skilled skiers/boarders to perform as ski/boarding actors to ski/board the various trails including any terrain parks, backcountry and/or 'secret stashes' at a New England ski area that can be imaged on any given weekend or occasional weekday with good weather.

This is your chance to get yourself some free video or stills and maybe get yourself a credit on a ski video production.

PM me.

Greg

Staff member
Care to give a little more detail, i.e. where will you be filming most of this? What's the basic premise of the project...or is it top secret...? ;)

J

jlangdale

I did not necessarily want to just blurt out the concept for my project, no. So, it's a little top secret. But no great invention by any means. Still, I think my idea would be something worthwhile on DVD. And possibly something that could be on-going and/or expand to other ski areas if successful.

Locations right now will encompass and be limited to any and all New England resorts large and small, shooting video/stills on-mountain during early mornings (freshy roy runs or powder) mid-week or as opportunities arise on weekends pending weather and good light. The duration is likely to span more than one ski season to compile all the necessary content. It will likely require return trips to multiple resorts.

One option is to look for one or two people ski/boarder either/or one or the other to act as a trail/terrain park/resort host. Or another option is to just have a wide array of personalities as I can find them at each location. Or a combination of both. Anyone involved would need to sign a release and depending on the situation, compensation to possibly include a lift ticket/beer/credit/etc.

J

jlangdale

Cubano said:
Hey man- Its been done before :) www.meatheadfilms.com I have their film- it is very good; Most of the filming done at Stowe

Cubano

I've seen the meatheads, they are way cool. But, that is not what I'm going for with my project.