• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

New York Yankees

2knees

wow. big papi comes through big time. keep the lead at 5 and the yanks have to deal with Burnett tomorrow. He's been white hot since coming off the dl.

2knees

Or his back is hurting him....

* Dice-K = tired (boo hoo)?
* Wakefield = back problems?
* Schilling = Schilling?

I tell you, outside of Beckett, things aren't looking so hot for RSN!!

Yes, I know, the Yanks rotation is suspect, but I'm not making the argument for anyone.

actually, schilling has been pretty damn good since he came back. He's different obviously in regards to velocity and k's but has been holding his own. Lots of 2 seamers, cutters and curveballs. Matsuzaka is another story.

All in all, you're right though. Long term playoff runs arent usually had by teams relying on basically 1 and 1/2 starters. I say 1/2 cause i'm not sold on schilling completely.

ComeBackMudPuddles

Hey, did I tell you guys my new nickname for Daiskuke Matsuzaka?

Craps-K.

Get it? You play craps with dice....Dice-K.....Craps-K!

Plus, the $100 million man has regressed to a league average pitcher (103+ era), so it's fitting!! And, anyway, the nickname "Dice-K" was always kind of lame in my book.

DiceK_Fenway4_22.jpg

FRITOLAYGUY

Jim G what do you think of the series this weekend, i feel the redsox will take 2/3 especially after that embarrasing sweep 2 weeks ago, its a possibility that the yanks take 2/3 also but i dont see any sweeps for either team this time.

JimG.

Staff member
Jim G what do you think of the series this weekend, i feel the redsox will take 2/3 especially after that embarrasing sweep 2 weeks ago, its a possibility that the yanks take 2/3 also but i dont see any sweeps for either team this time.

Yanks are sweeping you guys 3-0.

Any more silly questions?

FRITOLAYGUY

Well the Sox got 1 game, basically put the division away now.. That game last night even though Ortiz didnt come thru was how baseball should be.. Bottom of the ninth 2 outs redsox down by one run, bases loaded and you have the best reliever ever against the best clutch hitter for the last 5yrs, great drama.

JimG.

Staff member
Derek Jeter is hitting .441 with runners in scoring position with 2 outs. Best mark for that key stat in baseball.

The guy is a winner.

ComeBackMudPuddles

The correct answer is that the Sox still have a 4 1/2 game lead. The magic number is 9

Numbers, numbers, numbers. Whatever. Oftentimes, baseball is defined by a moment. I'll remember Jeter's HR off of marker man a lot longer than who won 2007's WC and AL east division crown.

Therefore, the correct answer is this:

mlb_u_jeter_275.jpg

JimG.

Staff member
The correct answer is that the Sox still have a 4 1/2 game lead. The magic number is 9

The division is yours. Has been since the middle of August.

I'm happier winning 6 of the last 7 Bosox matchups...good practice for the playoffs.

Paul

The division is yours. Has been since the middle of August.

I'm happier winning 6 of the last 7 Bosox matchups...good practice for the playoffs.

Yeah, just hope we get Cleveland, and you get LA, Anaheim, California, Earth, Universe etc... I have a bad feeling if there's a Bos/NY ALCS...