• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

New York Yankees

FRITOLAYGUY

Why are Sox fans like me here? Because everyone loves a train wreck. Britney grew up in a trailer so her coming unglued (or Anna Nicole) should be expected.

Baseball's bluebloods - are falling.

The subprime mess is interesting too, feel bad about the homeowners but when MBA types sell people things they can't afford (should expect them to default) & then bundle them all up & buy them thinking they will earn a high rate of return (better than safe choices) because the paper it's written on says they will with no consideration that you can't get blood from a stone or this should not be a surprised. My 7 year old understands it.

an annual income of $30K should not own a $500,000 home if they can barely make ends meet at the intro rate how can they afford the uptick? (the plan was to ride the increase in property value so you could sell before the new rate - they weren't suppose to pay the higher rate in a good market & they default in a bad market)

Now back to sports. Pat's fans are not bashing the Pat's & everything in going great. Well everything is going great (Re-sign Lowell!) in Fenway (knock, knock) so all you anyone could do is bash them last years 2nd highest payroll who knows may be first without A-Rod or Andy in pinstripes this year)

Ummm ya what he said

Last edited by a moderator:

JimG.

Staff member
Why are Sox fans like me here? Because everyone loves a train wreck. Britney grew up in a trailer so her coming unglued (or Anna Nicole) should be expected.

Baseball's bluebloods - are falling.

The subprime mess is interesting too, feel bad about the homeowners but when MBA types sell people things they can't afford (should expect them to default) & then bundle them all up & buy them thinking they will earn a high rate of return (better than safe choices) because the paper it's written on says they will with no consideration that you can't get blood from a stone or this should not be a surprised. My 7 year old understands it.

an annual income of $30K should not own a $500,000 home if they can barely make ends meet at thr intro rate how can they afford the uptick? (the plan was to ride the increase in property value so you could sell before the new rate - they weren't suppose to pay the higher rate in a good market & they default in a bad market)

Now back to sports. Pat's fans are not bashing the Pat's & everything in going great. Well everything is going great (Re-sign Lowell!) in Fenway (knock, knock) so all you anyone could do is bash them last years 2nd highest payroll who knows may be first without A-Rod or Andy in pinstripes this year)

You're starting to sound like a Yankee fan.

JimG.

Staff member
No need to get Nasty Jim!

Heh.

Part of the fun is the Bronx trainwreck notion. They certainly have issues to address.

But I consider it good luck if other teams think the Yanks are in "transition". Sure, maybe they won't make the playoffs next year after 12 years straight. And many will rejoice. Which is kind of funny in itself.

I hear the Angels are making noise about getting A-Slob. That would serve them right, he would be perfect for them.

Zand

4 years, $52 million. Same as Damon I believe. At least the Yanks got someone to hang around following the departure of Torre.

jack97

Been hearing spotty news that Boras may have overplayed his hand. Bascially he has no takers for A-fraud at his asking price. I hope Boras and Hank will kiss and make up, start talking nice and sign the guy long term. That would be sweet.

JimG.

Staff member
Been hearing spotty news that Boras may have overplayed his hand. Bascially he has no takers for A-fraud at his asking price. I hope Boras and Hank will kiss and make up, start talking nice and sign the guy long term. That would be sweet.

Word in NY is that A-Rod crawled back and begged the Yanks to reconsider signing him. He admitted he made a mistake. Also word that he is negotiating his own deal without Boras...the World Series announcement thing apparently was Boras' idea and A-Rod claims it didn't sit well with him. I have trouble believing that part.

Also word that the deal will be for a total of $275 million over 10 years. It is reported that A-Rod made a $25-30 million concession from the original Yankee offer of $300 million to cover the cost of the opt out.

Not sure how I feel about this. But if Hank can sign A-Rod at a lower price and stick it to Boras, I'd have to say I like it.

Mike P.

Latest rumor, Cano, Melky & either Hughes or Joba for Santana. As a Sox fan I like it, Cano could be a thorn in Sox' side for years. & both of those pitchers are better than "a prospect" . Agree that A-Rod asking price too high, could get the money on five years or 10 years at 25 - 28M a year but 0ver 30 a year + 10 years too much. You ould probably buy the Royals or Reds for 350M.

They need more than Santana, Wong, Mussina & Hughes & Kennedy. Now if you can trade Kennedy instead of one of the other young arms maybe worth it.

jack97

Also word that the deal will be for a total of $275 million over 10 years. It is reported that A-Rod made a $25-30 million concession from the original Yankee offer of $300 million to cover the cost of the opt out.

Not sure how I feel about this. But if Hank can sign A-Rod at a lower price and stick it to Boras, I'd have to say I like it.

Latest rumor, Cano, Melky & either Hughes or Joba for Santana. As a Sox fan I like it, Cano could be a thorn in Sox' side for years. & both of those pitchers are better than "a prospect" . Agree that A-Rod asking price too high, could get the money on five years or 10 years at 25 - 28M a year but 0ver 30 a year + 10 years too much.

A-rod might be a great statical player but he's lousy in the clutch. IMO, that's what saving jd drew.

All that said. If I was a yanks fan, i would want them to distance away from A-rod. Sometimes I wonder if the years of overpaying for players is hurting the organization as a whole. Don't know if they have the budget left over to attract and keep the guys behind the scene. Basically the scouts for player evaluation for prospects and available free agents. In addition, the coaches needed for player development to keep the farm system healthy.

JimG.

Staff member
I think they will sign A-Rod...and if they do there is no way they give the Twins any more than 1 player for Santana. And it would be Hughes. Because if they sign A-Rod, they no longer need to panic. Let Santana become a free agent at the end of next season.

I look at it this way...in the next 5 years the Yanks will have enough pitching to get to the World Series and win with A-Rod. And if that pressure disappears, he will hammer the opponent. If he can do that a few times, the discussion about his legacy becomes more interesting.

He will always have an annoying personality.

They need to re-sign Pettite and Rivera.

Mike P.

They need a better staff, Pettite is not an ace anymore, sure a game here or there but there are at least a dozen guys better & Wongs post season performance made A-Rod look good. Counting on Joba, Hughes & Kennedy seems too early.

While I think Mo will likely stay, if he went to say the Dodgers, the NL has not really seen him much & with weaker hitters, he could be dominint for at least two years. AL hitters are catching up a bit, still real good but late in the year, the good hitters are doing better.

Today's Hartford Courant column. A-Rod total Yankee post season (forget just after game 3 of 2004) he is a .245 hitter with 9 RBI. (90 or so AB) Manny & Ortiz, same period 110+ AB's both hitting over .360 with over 30 RBI's Fans are going to need to see more than 900 Career HR's out of A-Rod.

FRITOLAYGUY

Well it seems that Mariono and Lowell are in the same boat, both wanting 4year deals because it will be their last and both of their teams only wanting to give 3yr deals. Looks like A-rod is gonna sign with the yanks for 275 Million, good that means no more championships for them for the next 10yrs.

JimG.

Staff member
Well it seems that Mariono and Lowell are in the same boat, both wanting 4year deals because it will be their last and both of their teams only wanting to give 3yr deals. Looks like A-rod is gonna sign with the yanks for 275 Million, good that means no more championships for them for the next 10yrs.

I shall remember this post.

JimG.

Staff member
They need a better staff, Pettite is not an ace anymore, sure a game here or there but there are at least a dozen guys better & Wongs post season performance made A-Rod look good. Counting on Joba, Hughes & Kennedy seems too early.

While I think Mo will likely stay, if he went to say the Dodgers, the NL has not really seen him much & with weaker hitters, he could be dominint for at least two years. AL hitters are catching up a bit, still real good but late in the year, the good hitters are doing better.

Today's Hartford Courant column. A-Rod total Yankee post season (forget just after game 3 of 2004) he is a .245 hitter with 9 RBI. (90 or so AB) Manny & Ortiz, same period 110+ AB's both hitting over .360 with over 30 RBI's Fans are going to need to see more than 900 Career HR's out of A-Rod.

They need Pettite's experience, and he is still a good pressure pitcher. He was as much a part of the resurgence in August as anyone on the team (6-0). 2 of the other 4 you mention will come through I believe. But I also believe they will miss the playoffs next season.

And then, if they haven't already given up Hughes for him, they will sign Santana as a free agent. And then I believe the Sox's string ends and the new Yankee domination for the rest of the 21st century begins.

MWWWWAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Evil Yankees.

jack97

They need Pettite's experience, and he is still a good pressure pitcher. He was as much a part of the resurgence in August as anyone on the team (6-0). 2 of the other 4 you mention will come through I believe. But I also believe they will miss the playoffs next season.

And then, if they haven't already given up Hughes for him, they will sign Santana as a free agent. And then I believe the Sox's string ends and the new Yankee domination for the rest of the 21st century begins.

Evil Yankees.

Did you miss your medication? What works for me is putting them in a cup the nite before so that I can have them ready in the morning.

They will have A-rod now 32 yr, locked up at 27 million/yr for the next 10 years. That got Posada, 36 yr catcher for 13 mill/yr the next 4 years. I can't wait for the next overpaid signing Hank is going to make.

Last edited:

FRITOLAYGUY

Evil Yankees.

And i shall remember this post as well.