• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Next years ski purchase

wa-loaf

Just added a pair of Tyrolia Freeflex 17 plus bindings for my Racetigers. Brand new for only $139.

wa-loaf

My only pair of skis are K2 Crossfires. I want to add something that will be better on powder days and in the trees. I've been keeping my eyes open on SAC for some 8000's. It seems everytime I catch them on there the only ones left are too long or too short.

Not sure what size or price you are looking for, but there are some 172s for $349 here.

mondeo

Already bought boots a few weeks ago, which I had been planning on getting next year, after finally just having enough of my old pieces of junk and deciding it couldn't wait any longer. Dalbello Krypton Pros, a massive, massive improvement from my old beginner-intermediate level boots.

Every time I prerelease I come closer to buying new bindings though; the one I had on one of my runs last Sunday after doing what I remember as a clean double twister (it may have been a single, I remember the landing better than the jump) pushed me a bit further into that decision.

jack97

Already bought boots a few weeks ago, which I had been planning on getting next year, after finally just having enough of my old pieces of junk and deciding it couldn't wait any longer. Dalbello Krypton Pros, a massive, massive improvement from my old beginner-intermediate level boots.

I'm sold on the cabrio design; the lateral stiffness and the progressive flex. I got my krypton rampage two weeks ago, an amazing feel and no shin bang while bumping.

BTW, I was on the look out for full tilts (predecessor to the krypton) but could not find any to check out the fit. Then I hooked up with Evan Dyvbig (former Olympian and wc winner) up at Whaleback for a lesson. The guys loves his Kryptons, that convinced me to go my local shop for a fitting... the lesson and getting the boot was time well spent.

MRGisevil

I'm screwed. New skis and two new pairs of boots this year. Don't think I'll be getting any big surprises under the Channukah bush next year. But that's OK with me- I love my skis and am cool with them until one breaks.

MR. evil

I'm screwed. New skis and two new pairs of boots this year. Don't think I'll be getting any big surprises under the Channukah bush next year. But that's OK with me- I love my skis and am cool with them until one breaks.

Never say never....:smile:

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
You could always break one.... :idea:;)

Looks like Tim is open to the idea of new skis.... maybe you're getting bumpers, too! :D

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
I was actually hoping for some 178's. I'm thinking about buying the 172's though because riverc0il posted this link with them for $279.90.
What are you specs? Don't compromise on size for price, the right length can make all the difference. The reason those are so cheap is they are the shorter sizes that didn't get bought during the regular season.

Mildcat

What are you specs? Don't compromise on size for price, the right length can make all the difference. The reason those are so cheap is they are the shorter sizes that didn't get bought during the regular season.

It was kinda tempting but that's why I didn't pull the trigger on it. Between SAC and the end of season deals coming up I'm sure I'll find something. I'll just keep my eyes open.

Greg

Staff member

I'm on 172 cm Legend 8000s and very happy with them. I'm only 165 lbs. though.

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
Have the following lineup:

K2 Axis XTs circa 2002 great skis for groomers and carving
K2 Apache Ski, stirctly pow
Nordica Hot Rod Jet Fuels, great all mountain ski
Atomic Metron M11s, rock skis

Good for now, but am considering getting a pair of K2 Crossfires to replace the Axis

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
After Friday at Jay, I realized that I really do need a fat ski for touring. 79mm underfoot doesn't cut it when you are exploding through knee to waist deep. Keep looking at the Jak BC100, might have to try to find a demo but I doubt there are very many if any places that have these mounted AT in New England. Voile Insane would be nice but so short... I don't know if I could do that without trying it out. Might be down for an Icelantic demo next season with the longer lengths available. That is all a moot point until I get a new AT boot and switch over to Dynafits.