• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Northern New England ski area locusts and their subspecies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Granite1

Right.....
There are some here, possibly twice your age, that would kick your ass HARD
It's the other way around. You can ask deadhead though about getting his ass kicked. He admitted that all the old guys like me smoke him in his ski racing beer league. Most of the women, if not all of them, smoke him too.

Granite1

Great, maybe he'd like to join us in next weekends Tuckerman's Inferno...

Unless he has a problem getting his ass kicked by a bunch of 70 year old triathletes....
What leg would you like me to do? When it comes to running though-I'm more of a sprinter type-sub 4 minute miler back in the day. Is there an individual category or only teams?

KustyTheKlown

the only thing more pathetic than amateur child ski racing is amateur old man ski racing.

go get em bode, you are so fast.

deadheadskier

Staff member
the only thing more pathetic than amateur child ski racing is amateur old man ski racing.

This I'll disagree with. I've grown to absolutely love racing. Only started last year. Super fun and a nice measuring stick to gauge how you improve with practice.

And Granite, if you are such a bad ass racer, why don't you join the league at Pat's next winter?

You may beat me at racing, but I can guarantee you, I'd smoke you in the trees or bumps.

Puck it

Living in NNH full time for the last three years, I do love mud and stick season. Tourists are a necessary evil.

Puck it

This I'll disagree with. I've grown to absolutely love racing. Only started last year. Super fun and a nice measuring stick to gauge how you improve with practice.

And Granite, if you are such a bad ass racer, why don't you join the league at Pat's next winter?

You may beat me at racing, but I can guarantee you, I'd smoke you in the trees or bumps.
I would smoke you at both.

NYDB

If that's what they do to have fun, who cares.
I still 'race' mountain bikes for fun. as long as you don't take it too seriously it's fun.

I bet it's a similar scene to old man ski racing.

beat your friends, have a beer afterwords, get out of the house. sounds good.

Granite1

I still 'race' mountain bikes for fun. as long as you don't take it too seriously it's fun.

Don't you mean drink beers before-during-and after the race, as well as getting stoned too?

deadheadskier

Staff member

That's basically it, though our team doesn't really compete against one another. There's 7 guys on the team and the top 5 best runs score for the night. We are all pretty equal in handicap, so any of us can end up being the top finisher on the team each night. We all just push each other to ski well, then meet in the bar after. Granite wouldn't like my teammates because most of them have beers after the races. I don't drink on work nights.

I'm mainly just concerned with getting better against myself. I could give a shit if some 65 year old internet blowhard thinks he's better than me or if he actually is.

Tonight is actually the season finale. M-TH every week there's 17 to 22 teams of 7 that compete. The top 5 teams from each night at the end of the season compete in the finals. There's some incredible racers in the league. Former D1 racers or even pros. Really impressive to watch and try and push yourself to catch them.

RustyGroomer

more of a sprinter type-sub 4 minute miler back in the day..

I don't know why i find this so funny. Glad I clicked on this ridiculous thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.