• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Oh Jay...

Tin

Almost 60 trails yesterday, 11 today listed on their interactive map and trail report. Yet the snow report says 58. Blaming it on ice conditions? What the hell happened up there? Just concerned because I'm heading up there next week.

Last edited:

MadMadWorld

Well Flyer and Tram are not running but lots of stuff under the Bonnie and Jet are closed as well. They must have gotten some sleet last night.

Smellytele

I was in plymouth NH last night (McConkey movie at the Flying Monkey) It snowed all the way up from Concord. Plymouth had about 7" inches of snow at 9:30 when I left. The ride home to Henniker was interesting to say the least. Have about 4-5" here. What should have taken an hour took about 2 - couldn't drive faster than 40 and mostly around 30-35 most of the way home.

Huck_It_Baby

Ice on my car this morning here north of Burlington. I had thought about going to Jay but woke up to no new snow being reported at Jay, Stowe, Smuggs or MRG.

It was very warm yesterday and then froze up last night. Bullet proof perhaps.

Opting to do some skinning today instead.

Steve@jpr

Industry Rep
Industry Rep
Had light rain most of the day yesterday, turned to wet snow overnight and flash froze. Had to add a 3rd grooming shift and was slow going this am. Not particularly wonderful until everything gets groomed out. We're back to 41 and will add more but the trail numbers will be changing in real time as groomers get off of them. Might not be the worst idea in the world to read another chapter this morning, or crack the Glenlivet 18 you got for the holidays.

Almost 60 trails yesterday, 11 today listed on their interactive map and trail report. Yet the snow report says 58. Blaming it on ice conditions? What the hell happened up there? Just concerned because I'm heading up there next week.

Smellytele

Had light rain most of the day yesterday, turned to wet snow overnight and flash froze. Had to add a 3rd grooming shift and was slow going this am. Not particularly wonderful until everything gets groomed out. We're back to 41 and will add more but the trail numbers will be changing in real time as groomers get off of them. Might not be the worst idea in the world to read another chapter this morning, or crack the Glenlivet 18 you got for the holidays.

Love the honesty!!!

LONGBOARDR

Challenging conditions today, mostly bullet proof ice and plunging temps.
Have no fear though, looks like a killer storm is inbound for Friday 1/3!
Happy new year All

mikestaple

Saturday the wind picked up as the temp rose. Freezing rain and a little sleet hit those who tuffed it out after the tram and flyer shut down due to wins around 12 30. A lot of ice on Sunday when I left. The good news is they have a big frozen base. They just need a little fluff to open all the glades back up. (6 inches on Thursday was enough for fun in beaver pond and they had opened up buck woods, andres and quite a number of others). Big youth hockey tourney up there this weekend....

dlague

I was in plymouth NH last night (McConkey movie at the Flying Monkey) It snowed all the way up from Concord. Plymouth had about 7" inches of snow at 9:30 when I left. The ride home to Henniker was interesting to say the least. Have about 4-5" here. What should have taken an hour took about 2 - couldn't drive faster than 40 and mostly around 30-35 most of the way home.

We had a similar experience! Skied at Dartmouth Skiway and left around 4. Went from rain to snow in a hurry and Dartmouth Skiway report 8" new got to concord for rain that later switch to snow for a whopping 1" by the end. Was a long ride home though!

Mpdsnowman

Hey guys were working on it lol. Dont you worry we got it allll under control....

1510830_10151862388032916_1135446414_n.jpg