• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

One of those Days 3

Rushski

Amps it up again. Yes, the route is planned, but his skills aren't too be minimalized because of it...

freeski

He doesn't slow down when he hits dirt. My guess is a lot of the air is shot with a drone with ski tips edited in. If he was really doing all of this they'd have shots from the side also. Too good to be true, but fun to watch.

Skikarl

I call BS on skiing over a frickin helicopter with the blades spinning. If he did indeed do that I've been in the market for some balls of titanium...

Seems fishy since I have filmed a helicopter in slow motion and the blades still spin to fast to be clearly seen like they are in the video. Most likely they were spinning the blades very slowly and had practiced this stunt several times before they did it with actual spiking blades.

ironhippy

there's a lot of editing going on for sure, I don't really want to know what's real and fake though.

skiNEwhere

If this was some random, run of the mill skier I'd be skeptical. But it's candide, whose proved himself time and time again, in many competitions.

I believe this is legit.

wtcobb

Stunts, yes. Surrounding scenery (helicopter, water, grass, etc.), no. Real or enhanced, it's still cool as hell and wildly entertaining. The imagination in planning the film deserves credit as much as the execution.

wtcobb

That cawing. Why. I'd rather the typical absurd EDM blaring throughout the video. Took away from the skiing, which was impressive.

bdfreetuna

More power to Candide if his people have the CGI skills to pull that off. Obviously he did the stunts.. if that grass and scenery is fake they did a hell of a job.

I suspect he did jump the helicopter though.