• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Oregon ski area set to open tomorrow (9/18)...

Greg

Staff member
Timberline Ski Area is excited to announce the opening of the 2004-2005 ski season this Saturday, the 18th, operating the Magic Mile and Palmer chairlifts. It has been snowing since Monday night and more is expected for opening day. According to Steve Kruse, General Manager of Mountain Operations, the conditions on Timberline’s world famous Palmer snowfield are "like mid-winter" and it looks great for this weekend. The Palmer snowfield is at the 8500' level of Mt. Hood and is recommended for advanced intermediate to advanced snow riders. Hours of operation will be Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays from 8:30 a.m. until 3:00 p.m. with lift tickets just $35 for adults and $22 for juniors. Fall hours will be in effect until snow conditions allow Timberline to open additional lifts. Please call the Sno-Phone at 502-222-2211 for up to the minute condition reports or visit www.timberlinelodge.com for more information.

SOURCE

Yup. I'm jealous...

S

skimom

I was skiing Timberline this past July .... yep, skiing in JULY !!!

We took the lifts mentioned in the ad, the Palmer lift and the Magic Mile. What an unbelievable trip and I'm definately headed back next summer !!

Ski all morning and hike in the afternoon, what a combo !

They actually are open pretty much all year and only close for 10 days for maintenance in the fall.

I've got pics if only I could figure out how to post :-?